Power window question

EXGM

Ok, when I roll my driver window down it sounds like a baseball card in a bike spoke..... it works fine but I am concerned that it might be on its last legs. Has anyone here had this problem.... I need to open the door up and see but if it is in fact the window regulator/motor going south I will just buy one and do the job once when I open it up....

Anyone have any insight? Thanks....

I have never heard that sound before, but I did have a regulator go out once. It is pretty easy to install, i just watched a Youtube video on how to do it and it took me a couple hours.

Oh I no they are easy... its weird I have never heard one make this noise before. I almost think that maybe the deflector inside is rubbing when it goes down... but like I said its weird... only on down... up is quite and smooth...

It is 9 years old and they are notorious for going through motors....

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

I've seen it where the cables get frayed out and rub, maybe that is the sound you are hearing?

I have a feeling that is what it is..... I will have to open up and take a look but I was thinking this also ? Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

I have a feeling that is what it is..... I will have to open up and take a look but I was thinking this also

I have a feeling that is what it is..... I will have to open up and take a look but I was thinking this also

My truck was making that sound then one day it got stuck in the up position. So I purchased a replacement one from Amazon, AC Delco part and it works way better than the stock one ever did.

• 10 months later...

Finally got around to opening the door. Found an old dealer sticker rolled up between the door frame and the glass. It is a pain to get out but I've got most of it. I was getting mad because everything looked good and I couldn't figure out what was making the noise. Only after I took the inside too door rubber off did I find this.....

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)