Major electrical issue

Guys I've got a issue and have no idea where to begin. Started a couple days ago. My wife was driving my truck and went to roll up driver/passenger windows. When it reached the up limit, the entire dash turned off and back on. Like it was a reset or keyed off. We couldn't get it to do it again and yesterday morning I flashed my hi-beams at a guy and it did the same exact thing. Well this morning, went to crank up my truck and no power. Popped the hood to check the batt cables and the factory alarm goes off. I looked inside and it had power so I tried to start the truck. It spin over for a second and never fired and immediately lost power again. The only aftermarket electronics on the truck is the head unit and it's been in there since I bought the truck in 2012. Guys I'm lost on this one and need some direction.

sounds like a short or a ground wire loose. replace the starter lately? one of those wires could have come loose. check any of the main ground or power wires. its probably something loose.

• 4 months later...

Have you had the battery or alternator checked?

sounds like a short or a ground wire loose. replace the starter lately? one of those wires could have come loose. check any of the main ground or power wires. its probably something loose.

Exactly^ that sounds like a bad battery/alternator or connection somewhere in the system. If you look at big 3 upgrade guides it will show you where to look for major wires in the system.

How do your battery terminals look ? I would take them off clean them along with the battery really well and see if that helps.

-Matt

• 1 year later...