how to change the overlay

chevyman57

I was wondering I had an old dash cluster with the white overlay in it. and I wanted to put it in my Silverado I'm not sure how to get it all apart To change the overlay.any help would be appreciated it looks like with all the components I didn't want to break something or not have it work when I got done Thanks

ok its going in a 03 Silverado an the one that I have I'm not sure what yr.it came out of .I don't Need the guages. all I want is the white overlay part.

You really need to know what year the other one is. It will have to be out of an 03-05 to work with yours. Then there is gas or diesel and with or without a trans temp gauge.

well let me rephrase this I don't need the cluster the cluster is broken all they want is the white overlay the cover over top of your gauges needles for you when you're looking at it is a white background that's all I'm looking to do thank you

Just grab a hammer, a saw, some pliers, maybe a torch, and sit down at the dinner table with the clusters and see what you can figure out. I'm sure with the needles off, and a few tabs, the white overlay will come off the old cluster. Then switcheroo with the other one? Start with the white faced one first since the cluster doesn't work anyway. What's the worst that can happen? Be careful and take your time.

well let me rephrase this I don't need the cluster the cluster is broken all they want is the white overlay the cover over top of your gauges needles for you when you're looking at it is a white background that's all I'm looking to do thank you

Can't help you out if you wont be specific. Good luck

well brandon, that's pretty much what I I got it apart bUt there was a few things that kinda broke off.I didn't wanna do that with the 1 that's in my truck now working. you only got 1 shot at getting it right first time. 1 I didn't like the way it came apart so I don't know I guess I'll just say screw it an take it to some . I didn't wanna do the same thing twice.then I wouldn't have any working Lol