Tailgate handle question

EXGM

I noticed the other day when I was washing truck the tail gate handle has a "grain" vs the door handles are smooth. Is this normal or I'm thinking it was replaced? How is your truck?

Nope, that is normal. My guess is that the door handles are obviously the same ones on suv's, so that is why they are smooth, but since no suv's got the handle like they used on truck gates that GM cheaped out and just painted over the grain on the standard truck gate handle and bezel. Every SSS I gave ever looked at had it that way and it was a HUGE eye sore to me on my silver birch ss. I took it off and had it smoothed and painted. I did the same for my clone I building. Looks 100X better.

post-8854-0-84110500-1425605107_thumb.jpg

Just shave it off entirely like the cool guys do. :pimp:

That would mean repainting the gate and I like to leave factory paint alone as much as possible

Nope, that is normal. My guess is that the door handles are obviously the same ones on suv's, so that is why they are smooth, but since no suv's got the handle like they used on truck gates that GM cheaped out and just painted over the grain on the standard truck gate handle and bezel. Every SSS I gave ever looked at had it that way and it was a HUGE eye sore to me on my silver birch ss. I took it off and had it smoothed and painted. I did the same for my clone I building. Looks 100X better.

Well that answers that question thanks. Guess this thing is all original