Battery Draining

Well after some help, I ordered a new aftermarket radio module for my radio, didn't even think about it and it being a cheap one I could see it being the the problem. So I will cheap you all informed and see how it works out, but after I got to thinking I remember on my old truck I had the same one and my radio wasn't shutting off. So we'll see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the new module put in so we will see how it works and if I have any problems in the next few days. Maybe this one is just different than my old one but now when I put the key in the ignition and don't do anything, don't even turn it to the on position the radio will come on? Anyone know if that's normal or not?

Edited by KleanKustoms (see edit history)

That doesn't sound normal as the stock radio doesn't do that. The only thing I can think of is the key "buzzer" goes throught the radio with the stock radio it may be trying to achieve the same thing and activate your radio but since it aftermarket your getting a slightly different result......

• 1 month later...

Update: Well there for awhile I was just manually turning off my aftermarket radio to see if it was just the wiring that was causing my problem, so I put my stock radio back in to see if it was the wiring and the trucked ended up being dead in the morning when I came out to it, may it actually be the door actuator? Or do I need to start looking at other wiring? Also, I have some under dash lights that I wired into the driver side a-pillar so they come on with all the other lights in the interior and with the dome light switch, could I be drawing power from there maybe?

Edited by KleanKustoms (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

I have an 04 SSS and I just got it so I don't know about the battery draining, but stuff that doesn't work correctly drives me crazy. When I would close my door, none of the accessories would shut off, like when the passenger door opens and closes. After a little research I found that there is a "Door Adjar Switch" in the actual door latching assembly. Its pretty expensive, but that's the way it goes I guess. $302!! Part number 15110643. I replaced it and it works as it should. I hope this helps.