Best shocks/suspension for pullin

york_pa_SS

I have looked around on here a good bit but didn't find exactly what I am looking for...the wasn't a highly outdated thread. I just bought an 03 SS with 40,000 miles on it last week, but am concerned about how well it would pull. Seems to me that it would sag way to much with a 6x10 trailer, 2 sport quads on said trailer and an atv in the bed. Maybe I am wrong, I haven't tried it yet considering I won't be doing any riding again until Spring( I live in the northeast, been getting some good snowfall) What shocks/suspension could I put on this truck to help get the best of both worlds, everyday driving and some towing on the weekends? I traded in my 2014 Tundra for this truck and that thing pulled very, very well. I had 4 Silverado's in the past,(and am a big GM fan) but that weak 5.3 doesn't cut it in the mountains and didn't want to drive a 2500 as a daily driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As far as I know it's at stock SS height. Sounds badass with the Magnaflow exhaust!

post-27009-0-24039400-1422753126_thumb.jpg

532756de5808c2d117099290d2226ac2.jpg

You'll be fine. 16ft trailer with 2 bikes and the bed probably had 400lb of fire wood and camping gear. I have bilstein HD shocks.

Do you have a part number by chance? I have been to the Bilstein website and they only show the 4600 series for the Silverado SS

It's been my experience most shock manufacturers recommend replacing them around the 50,000 miles mark. Considering my truck has over 40,000 and has done A LOT of just sitting around since 2003, and I plan on doing some towing again once spring hits, I think it's not a bad idea. Was just wondering what everyone's opinion was on the best shock to replace the ones that came from factory, and what ones would do best with what I am towing. Which I did figure out to be 3,200lbs (Trailer, 2 sport quads on the trailer and one in the bed)...maybe a dirtbike on the trailer too time to time.

Edited by york_pa_SS (see edit history)

I'm at stock height and just replaced with stock shocks brandnew stock shocks work awesome and last forever think I paid 75 a piece at the dealer stock doesn't meen cheap i got over 100000 miles out of my original ones

Even if you replaced with stock shocks and added a rear sway bar like said you would notice a Hugh differance when your towing I wouldnt get a street performance shock for towing thats my opinion some stock shocks from chevy are factory bilstein shocks right off the showroom floor from chevy

also get a set of bump stops for the front and back they will also help mine were rotted and beat up yours could be too they were only 40-60 bucks but help a lot when your stock ones are junk