NVG149 mainshaft needed!

As the topic states, I'm in need of the part 43 mainshaft and 45. I was having a drive to reverse clunk and for the life of me couldn't figure it out. I pulled the t-case and discovered the splines on both were really worn down and smooth which is what I was looking for. I looked on ebay but could only find a NP149 mainshaft. I thought they were essentually the same but this seems to be an area where they differ. The shaft looks nothing like mine really. I'll put a link. Thanks in advance guys!

Ebay Listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-New-Process-Venture-NV149-NP149-Transfer-Case-Main-Shaft-and-Input-Shaft-/251777395432?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a9f1a2ae8&vxp=mtr

TifToGif.gif

Edited by aerosys (see edit history)

Yeah, it's in perfect condition the truck only had about 30k miles on it when I took it out. I did a 4L80e swap about a year ago and ordered a new gear from Time2kill for $650.00 instead of pulling mine and shipping it to him to have him modify it. He charged me an extra $200.00 for the core so I'm guessing that's what he sells them for. ...Shoot me an offer!

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Hmm I'll have to think a day or so on it. I'm gonna' have to see how much a main shaft will run me also. Lol, any idea where I can even go about finding one? Once I find one I'll throw my offer your way. The truck is immobile until I get them both anyways because there is no way I'm putting all that back together only to be torn apart days later. Haha, good thing I have my gas saver.

Sent him a message. I'll let you know what I get back!

Try contacting a member here called Time2kill. He may be able to help you out

Said he has 45, but no source for 43. I told him I was getting the part from you though so still on the search for 43. I'll try posting around on other general forums and stuff. As soon as anything comes up I'll let you know! By the way, I've never actually removed part 45. How hard is it? Is it "pressed" together with the case?

Thanks man. I still haven't forgotten about you! Just waiting on a shaft to pop up. I think I found a guy that has a shaft just waiting on him to get back with me. This guy that works on a dealership said that from the dealership the shaft is like 250. Figured it'd be pricey also.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...