heat doesn't blow

have a 2003 silverado SS with the digital climate control. heat started not to blow out recently. none of the fan speeds work nor does the front defrost. any ideas?

I had my a/c from the passenger side blowing hot air only... It ended up being one of the blend door actuators. There are 3 of them.

Who needs a SSS when you got a GTO! :drool:

I have the same problem, but I have 1 and 5 on the fan speed working. I hope this thread pans out nice so I can fix mine.

My a/c was only blowing on high (5) and had to change the blower motor resistor. Simple fix under the passenger dash.

Edited by Blk_SS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very common problem. Often the connector to the blower resister gets melted so be prepared you may have to replace that also. Typically all three door actuators don't go bad its usually one. Only way I know to check is with a Tech 2 you can command each door and see which one is hanging up.

yeah, the blower resisters are prone to blow. I had to replace the one in both, my truck, and my old tbss. Good news is they are cheap and only take about 15 minutes to change out start to finish...

I knew exactly what it was on the TBSS, because all I had were 4-5. The one on the truck freaked me out at first though, because it only had 5, which was on constantly.....even when the truck was turned off, lol. I had to disconnect the battery everytime I parked for a few days until I figured it out and picked up the part.

ended up replacing the resistor and it fixed the problem. So glad to be having heat again in our 10 degree weather lol!

Who needs a SSS when you got a GTO! :drool:

I have the same problem, but I have 1 and 5 on the fan speed working. I hope this thread pans out nice so I can fix mine.

need something the pull the slower car around :D