What happened to s10 style Blazers

Aldofashow

I've always been a fan of s10 Blazers or extremes and of course the trailblazer SS but what's chevy been doing the traverse or Equinox those look like crap maybe decent inside but I can't stand looking at the outside of these.

Now I love the look of the front end on the new Colorado why couldn't they use that front end and add an SUV that drops jaws with a set of the 20"+ rims they use for the pickups and make us something we want to drive instead of something your wife has to talk you into.

now I would've liked to see Chevys version of the terrain but that never happened I just don't get when chevy thought that the public didn't want a cool mini SUV anymore.

Also I have yet to see a Traverse or a Equinox with a 2/4 drop rolling around mass rant over

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

That sounds like it will be fun to drive I would love to get a syclone or white typhoon as a backup ride.

Mainly I'm talking about chevy making a Colorado style SUV with a 5.3 with the option to upgrade call it extreme or call it an SS with the 6.2 with the direct injection tech there already using to get great mpg.

over the years of s10 Blazers selling like hot cakes you would think its a nobrainer.

That sounds like it will be fun to drive I would love to get a syclone or white typhoon as a backup ride.

Mainly I'm talking about chevy making a Colorado style SUV with a 5.3 with the option to upgrade call it extreme or call it an SS with the 6.2 with the direct injection tech there already using to get great mpg.

over the years of s10 Blazers selling like hot cakes you would think its a nobrainer.

..........build one.

..........build one.

i would love to but for one I'm not an engineer and buying a brand new Colorado to cut up into an SUV and spending crazy money on all the parts it would take to make it happen wouldn't be very smart financially.

If chevy built one I would be trading in my Acura RDX that my chick drives it's also the family car when we all go anywhere so paying for the acura and building my SS silverado is enough but I would be running the acura to the chevy dealership and trading it in if there was a SUV worth getting and the Tahoe and suberban are to big for her to drive and are 50-70 thousand dollars.

Gmc has the denali terrain I was kinda looking at with a 5.3 just don't know why chevy doesn't have something that compares

i would love to but for one I'm not an engineer and buying a brand new Colorado to cut up into an SUV and spending crazy money on all the parts it would take to make it happen wouldn't be very smart financially.

If chevy built one I would be trading in my Acura RDX that my chick drives it's also the family car when we all go anywhere so paying for the acura and building my SS silverado is enough but I would be running the acura to the chevy dealership and trading it in if there was a SUV worth getting and the Tahoe and suberban are to big for her to drive and are 50-70 thousand dollars.

Gmc has the denali terrain I was kinda looking at with a 5.3 just don't know why chevy doesn't have something that compares

I know you dont like them, but in Chevrolet's defense the equinox is built on the same platform as the terrain. So you technically could swap out the motor of a newer equinox, and get just what you want without a full custom job.

Edited by jddmj (see edit history)

I didn't know that they were the same platform you would never know by looking at them im not in a hurry to upgrade the family car just wish there was more in the chevy lineup.

The new Colorado looks sick I've even thought of getting one of those and getting a cap for the bed but she wants an SUV though

I personally hated my s10 blazer. Seems like I was always replacing front end components. It was terribly underpowered and it got awful gas mileage. But it did have comfy seats and my two 12" t2's sounded awesome in it.

They do look good if lowred but I'm glad it's not my headache no more.

My first s10 style blazer was a 1993 Oldsmobile bravada 4.3 cpi with the smart trak it was a blast in the snow back then it didn't seem under powered but it would today.

I bought a set of 17" centerline rims with bfg comp tires and had 4 -12" JL audio w6 and that thing turned up looked like it was gonna blowout the windows back then it was awesome now it's not so turned up (HUH)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Ha I used to have a white typhoon and I have a syclone a buddy is buying from me..good choices!

I Almost bought a green typhoon last year off of Craigslist I don't think the guy really wanted to sell it cause when it came time after talking to him through email about it still being for sale at first he said yes then couldn't meet then took it off Craigslist and I'm guessing decided to keep it

They did have an 5.3 option on the older body style Colorado. There was also the Hummer H3 and H3T options with the Alpha package which both got a 5.3 and were the same platform as the Colorado. My parents just visited and rented the Equinox. It wasn't a horrible vehicle but definitely not something I would buy for myself.

I'm just waiting to see what Chevy or GM comes out with. I'm about ready to move on from the SS but the problem is there isn't anything out there I like enough to justify trading up. I don't like how GM no longer offers a awd setup. That is the #1 thing I love about the SS, just point the steering wheel and 'go'. No spin, skip or skid and you can pretty much ignore weather conditions. The new sport package they are offering isn't all that bad but there is no "hot" motor that goes along with it, its all cosmetic.

If I had to choice a replacement truck right now, it would have to be a 12/13 awd Sierra Denali or a H3T Alpha.