Hydroboost Conversion

67speeda

So a while back my brakes were terrible. Got to the point it was downright unsafe.

I did some searching and assumed the master cylinder was shot. Decided to do the hydroboost conversion while I was at it.

I purchased a take off from ebay with the pump, lines, booster, and master cylinder. I ended up buying a new master cylinder though.

Problem No. 1: The lines were far too short, ordered new lines

Problem No 2: I am an idiot and didn't fully press the pulley on the new pump thus making a ton of noise. you guys helped me figure that out

As i went to bleed the brakes i noticed the front brakes were shot. Searching on here i ended up doing the 07 Tahoe conversion. With all this done my brakes were maybe 10% better. Still Horrid.

Problem 3: I searched and found i need the bleed the ABS unit. I did the old dirt road trick and bled them out.

Brakes still suck

I replaced all the flex lines (front with stainless)

Brakes still sucked!

Well over the weekend i left my truck in one spot and notice a little tiny pool of fluid in the rear. I thought I must have a leak in the new line.

Nope! Blown caliper. Fluid was leaking and burning on the rotor.

New brake caliper installed yesterday.

WOAH! Brakes are amazing! good thing i had my seatbelt on when i tested them!

Finally the truck stops well.

Just wanted to let people know the 07 tahoe conversion and hydroboost is well worth the time and money. I am now very happy.

but as my luck would have it, CEL just came on this morn and I can not find my scan tool!

Thanks for all the help!

Gotta love a happy ending, at least as far as the brakes go. I've got all the parts to do the brake and hydroboost upgrade you've done plus I am putting all new hard lines on the truck.

Sounds like your truck got to liking being worked on and had to crap out something to give you another project. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...