Porsche cayenne kill then problem

poopnewton

Got next to a Porsche Cayenne on the on ramp to the freeway I could tell he was on it but wasn't sure if he was in it all the way because I passed him so easily. I looked them up on the computer and it looks like they only run 14s in the 1/4 so he probably was in it all the at the moment of question then just gave up. lol They did pass me on the freeway later and gave me a thumbs up so that was cool but then my day went down the $hitter from there. I stopped to get some gas and after I filled up the truck wouldn't start. I think it's something in my column or on my trans thats not telling it that it's in park there for not sending a signal to the starter solenoid. In my dash when I change gears the indicator that shows what gear your trans is in is missing. It shows P R N D 3 2 1 but that line under them that indicates where the trans is, is missing. If anyone knows what that would be, let me know. The truck has a 4L80 swap BTW.

There are different models the s and gts are the ones to look out for look for the brake calipers that look like they belong on a supercar one of them sells for 75000 and the other for 95000 even the base model is in the 50000 range but there kinda slow the others are pretty quick off the lot.

Also check your shift linkage the shift indicator plate mounts behind the linkage I've had a couple friends that have had to replace that plate so might be your problem it hadn't happen to me so I'm not sure what it was doing to them I just know they had to replace them.

talk is cheap...VIDS! :)

Not sure what's so hard to believe but if I ever get a vid of a race I'll make sure I post it.

There are different models the s and gts are the ones to look out for look for the brake calipers that look like they belong on a supercar one of them sells for 75000 and the other for 95000 even the base model is in the 50000 range but there kinda slow the others are pretty quick off the lot.

Also check your shift linkage the shift indicator plate mounts behind the linkage I've had a couple friends that have had to replace that plate so might be your problem it hadn't happen to me so I'm not sure what it was doing to them I just know they had to replace them.

Is that up in the column. I know something is messed up in my column because my steering wheel hasn't been locking in place after you turn the ignition off for well over a year.

No its down on the side of the trans behind the linkage that connects by cable to the column worth checking.

but if your column isn't locking then you might wanna find out what's happening up there it should lock might be something going on up there causing your problem

Years ago when I was working as a mech, cars had neutral safety switches mounted in the steering column. Back then if you had the problem you are describing you could check that switch by turning the key over to the start position and then gently move the gear shift lever through it's free play and often it would allow the engine to crank.

Long story short I had to do a google to find out that our trucks do have a Neutral safety switch. Won't cost you anything to try the test I described. You might get lucky, although the switch isn't cheap. I suspect this might be your problem as you mentioned other steering colmn problems.

Heres my google if you want to check it out.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nuetrak+safety+switch+2003+Chevrolet+Silverado&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Its not a plate Its a switch.. It is on the shaft on the drivers side of the transmission where the shift cable bolts on

This is what it looks like. You can try adjusting it. There are 2 very small lines on the switch where the shaft slides through. While in neutral (block your tires and set the E-Brake). Remove the 15mm Head nut to get the cable off of the shaft. Then loosen the 2 13mm head bolts. align the lines on the switch to indicate neutral and then tighten up the bolts.

PIC

DSC08142a_zps1093ab69.jpg

Edited by Retired99 (see edit history)