new owner of SS lookin for cam, headers and exhaust

SSAWD

I recently acquired an 03 Silverado SS 6.0 and Im lookin for some performance upgrades. Lookin for headers, fairly radical cam but still street worthy, and a true duals set up for starters. Any tips on the best places to look for parts to get more bang for your buck? my end game will be a comepletely rebuilt and forged SC motor. but Im just startin out at the moment. lol

For headers it really depends what you want to spend. On the cheaper end their is pacesetters 1.75 for 400 or 1.875 for 500, then there's the too of the line American racing headers that will run about 1100. I personally run pacesetters as a broke college student lol. They work good though and still sound great. For a cam, there is a variety of choices. I have a 220/224 on 112 from trickflow in mine and it has power everywhere up to 6400. For a radical-street able cam though, I might set my sights on the 228r or something around there, especially in a pickup. Don't forget with a "radical cam" you wil need a different converter. I have a 3200 in mine that might be a tad big but with a bigger cam you may need a 3600...there are alot of vendors that do cam kits at really nice prices and have sales every so often. As for your exhaust its all what you want out of it, I have a dual setup that would be true minus the x-pipe muffler. I would say some 2.5 inch true duals sounds good.. It did on my last truck. I ran two magnaflows abs had 0 drone. But it's all about your specific setup... You are going to need tuning for sure. How many miles on your truck? You may want to consider an oil pump, and with a big cam, a ls2 timing chain or completely new setup. You should also plan on doing good pushrods, and valve springs. If your looking bang for buck I hear texas speed is having sales on headers and cam kits. For the exhaust you could piece it yourself if you're so inclined, which will be cheaper, or you can order a kit. Hope I didn't forget anything. I'm sure others will chime in

I DiD forget to mention.. Even with my "baby" cam I am running 120% duty cycle on stock injectors, so if you want to get your maximum performance you will need to think about injectors. I have decided to go with a set of 8.1 marine injectors I found in the for sale section.

appreciate it. n shes got about 170k. n Im in the Army so money is alil tight on my end too. lol. I was thinkin about usin the same injectors as the LS2 motors. n maybe hooker headers runnin to true duals with EECO right under the cab.

Well if you're comfortable doing some wiring you can use those, the ls2 injectors are an EV6 type connector and your truck has multec 2 connectors, and I'm unsure of whether they will fit in your lq9 fuel rail. It would be a good idea to get your headers and exhsust done along with a tune before you do the cam. I think you'll be quite impressed and you'll have the supporting exhaust flow to make some good power.