wtb 80lb injectors

danny68ss

If you are looking for new then check this site out...http://www.racetronix.biz/items.asp?Cc=FUELINJ-09&ItemMoveby=0&Nbm=01D034x&Pbm=17113738&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&sTitle=&FromNav=False The prices are good and they have all the info on the injectors needed for proper tuning... They are about $50 on average a piece so $400 total... 80# is a bit high but then again you know what you are running for mods and HP not me...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

I run the 60# siemen dekas and run about a 60-65% duty cycle at 55-65psi of fuel pressure with my mod list... Duty cycle is the amount of time the injector is open... Once you hit 80% its recommended that you go up in an injector, because at 100% the injector is open 100% of the time and won't allow anymore fuel due to the size... Once you hit 100% you will be risking melt down on your motor as the truck starts running lean... that's why 80% is recommended because it gives you a 20% error and buffer before running out of fuel.. At 147% you would be toasting your motor... 60# injectors if I remember correctly are good for about 800HP... If you are putting those kind of numbers out then yes get bigger injectors... If you are under that you might want to look into your fuel pressure to make sure that is not the problem... Low fuel pressure won't let injectors flow like they should... You can also bump your fuel pressure up a little too which will help injectors perform a little more...

Here is a cool little calculator that shows how Fuel pressure and injectors work together- http://www.csgnetwork.com/fiflowcalc.html

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)