2006 Silverado Brakes

ocelot729

I assume the SS would have similar braking setup, but on the 06 (and 05 I think) they put drums on the rear and bigger front calipers. I blew out my rear end recently and since then have bulit myself a disc brake rear end, (around $1300) and I love it, new powerstop red calipers look sweet, but I'd like to upgrade the fronts to the same as the rear, I have been looking and the Powerstop S4728 says it will fit on Summit, but lists the year 1999 to 2006, I'm just a little worried if I get the right rotor size the caliper won't fit right...

anyone used Powerstop? I really wanted to go Baer, but their so expensive, awesome product I guess...

It states that it is a dual Piston setup. I believe that will work. If you had drums in the rear previously then you have 13" rotors in the front. Same as the HD. My .02, the Z06 with stainless lines from soup to nuts was 1500 for the fronts. I highly recommend.

Whoa whoa whoa.... Bastard year???... Hahaha, I constantly get screwed by little sh** when modding. TA girdle, DJM sway won't fit. Z06, Boss 330's don't clear. 22's, 50 wall rubs. It's best to research and research again.

I would try n get a hold of the Manufacturer and tell them your specs and see what part # they give you. At least you'll have peice of mind knowing its right the first time.

• 3 weeks later...