How low can i go ? AWD!

TSNEDEKERLATR

I did a 3/3 on my '03. I had to take off the bump stop mounting brackets and mount the bumps right to the frame rails. No c notch here. My wheels are not stock so they give me a wider stance than normal. That being said, I could not tuck them as is. I rub only on occasion.

Fyi, I think I paid around 750 for the "kit" from NorCal SS.

Also have to take in account CV axles.

Let me add more to my statement. Not only do you have to take into account stretching the boots and joints, you also have to take into effect the angle of the outer joints. Where does all the grease inside going to run too. Away from what needs to be lubricated. Just some food for thought.

thanks for all the replys, I have a lowering kit now, but im not sure what one. I want to go lower, I can see that I have nitto drop shocks if that says anything ?

Here you go.

http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=110

this is the kit ive installed for over 10 years now on silverado ss trucks. Excellent ride.

lets start with the front. The a arms are adjustable 2-3 inches and new lower balljoints and new lower bushings plus no loss in turning radius and mated up to the belltech sp shocks your set

in rear the kits adjsutable 3-4 inches. That way you can dial in the height and if your at a 4 inch level and does bottom out you can lift it to 3 inches. The belltech sp shocks in rear will make ride nice also.

Any other questions just ask i do a lot of these trucks

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Norcalss how is that kit with towing? Any problems? Just bought my 03 ss awd and don't know much about lowering vechicles...thnx

usually on the 4 inch drop in rear i do the belltech c notch for people who tow. The c notch actaully boxes in the frame fully making it stronger and then it has the brackets on it where you can add belltechs helper bag kit and tows fine.

My buddy has a 05 i lowered 4 inches in rear and he tows his trailblazer ss to the track with the c notch/helper bag kit without issues and we all know the trailblazer ss is at a hefty 5000 plus pound weight

• 2 weeks later...