What is this wire from?

Diamondss

So I am going to have about 90 minutes to work on the ss Wednesday. I found a wire in that black protective casing under the hood of my truck just laying on the engine. There are a few people who have access to where my truck is, not sure what it's from or how it got there but it is what it is. The wire is thick, curved almost like a C and is about 10-12 inches long if I remember correctly. Last time I tried to move the truck I boosted it and it fired. Now with new battery interior lights up and all accessories but truck doesn't even try to turn over, it's totally dead. Is it possible this is my starter wire that corroded and just fell off? I am going to check Wednesday, I'm assuming the starter is on driver side but any help on specific location would be very handy. Time is a bit of a factor here.

Is there away way you can post a picture of this wire? Like he states above the starter is located on the passenger side of the vehicle. It would be pretty hard for the starter wire to reach to the top of the engine. If the wire you are talking about is on the drivers side. It could possibly be the ground wire that needs to be attached to the engine block. It should be bolted on behind the power steering pump on the block. I forgot to attach that same wire once and the truck would not start. I had to jump it to start it. Then once I started it would not charge. So if you could get a picture that would help a lot.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Is it the wire that connects to the hood from the fire wall? Only wire I know of that could fall on top of the motor.

Very good point. if its laying on top of the motor. would a ground strap from the hood to the firewall not allow it to start. or maybe he has something else going on.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions guys. I will take a picture of the wire when I get into the warehouse after work tomorrow. Could be the hood wire or ground wire, I should have a better idea tomorrow. I'm really pumped at the thought of putting my ss back on the street.

Good news! I had about 45 minutes to look at the truck and she's alive! The wire was the one from the firewall to hood and looks like it just broke off. Anyways, replaced the battery and reconnected that wire and she fired right up. Thanks for all your help guys!

Now another question, what are brand new ss rims worth? The real deal as well as the fakes and I want the brushed or painted 03 style rims. The rims on my 2011 sierra were replaced under warranty and I put different rims on the sierra. My ss is sitting on the sierra rims but I want the proper rims. I was thinking ill use the sierra rubber and sell the new rims for someone who wants winter rims. According to my local gm dealer a winter rim is around $85 plus the valve stem sensor (another 40) so my rims with sensor stems gotta be worth 600-750 and I can use the money toward ss rims. They're those chrome plated plastic steel rims but still better than black rusty steelies right?

But I really like the black ss rims on the white sierra so I'm trying to figure out how to move the factory chrome played sierra rims for ss ones. I won't ever put the factory rims back on that truck and I will keep the sierra so that my SSS will never be used as a truck again lol. Honestly, silverado ss rims are awesome, I never understood why tc took them off his ss.