Gm 2 bar map

chpspecial

Where would this max out at and will it work on a 2003

Yes and yes. It came of off my 2004. And a 2 bar sensor reads 14.7psi of vacuum and 14.7 of positive boost in kpa terms it reads 205 kpa

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Yes and yes. It came of off my 2004. And a 2 bar sensor reads 14.7psi of vacuum and 14.7 of positive boost in kpa terms it reads 205 kpa

The map sensor will read more than 14.7 vacuum. Figuring that a healthy motor will idle in between 18 to 21 without a hub overlap cam. 2 bar maps will only read 14.7 pressure. Reason it being call a manifold absolute pressure sensor.

Paul

If I hit 15lbs of boost will that even matter and I can add this and still run the MAF and not have to swap to an sd tune right.

just add this on when I mount everything and have the setup tuned and run it

If you're going boosted just run a SD tune. A lot easier than running both. Just saying.

The map sensor will read more than 14.7 vacuum. Figuring that a healthy motor will idle in between 18 to 21 without a hub overlap cam. 2 bar maps will only read 14.7 pressure. Reason it being call a manifold absolute pressure sensor.

Paul

If you're going boosted just run a SD tune. A lot easier than running both. Just saying.

You are mistaking psi with inhg.

A two bar map sensor will read two bars of pressure. In an engine the first bar is usually negative or vacuum. Psi is a positive unit of measure not negative hense why vac/boost gauges don't read negative psi for vacuum. InHg is known unit for negative pressure, I.e. vacuum. 1 bar= 14.7 psi=29.5 inhg. So a 2 bar map sensor can read up to 29.5 inhg in vacuum and 14.7 psi in boost. Or if you want to talk absolute terms. 200 kpa, where 0-100 is vacuum, 100-200kps is boost.

• 6 months later...