Do I need a tune for TBSS intake swap?

porksoda

Obviously I know I need one to feel full on improvements. But my question lies in the regulator part of this. I have an 03 SSS and want to use the TBSS fuel rails with my stock injectors so I will need a Corvette fuel filter. Do I need a tune for it to run correctly this way until I can afford the tune or will it not run until I get it tuned? If I need to wait for a tune just to drive around I'll just use my factory rails with spacers and custom crossover tube.

I just took a stock crossover tube and cut the ends off and had a buddy weld in extensions so it would clear. I also used the newer injectors. I did wait until I had all my parts together and stuff for tuning ready then did a one day install on everything. I did some data logs the next day, ran good enough to drive but definitely not perfectly smooth, sent logs to BB and had a tune following day.

I just wanted to make sure it would run fine until I can afford another tune because I also have a 3200 stall to put in. I wasn't sure if the filter regulates to the same pressure as the factory regulator but if it will run fine after the swap I will just wait it out until I can afford the tune.

Yes I understand everything about the fuel rails and I know my options as I have both. My question was can I throw on the intake with TBSS fuel rails and drive fine or does it absolutely need a tune to run correctly? Because if it does need a tune just to drove I will modify my factory rails and call it done. I just think the factory look of TBSS rails looks better than welded on AN fittings on my SSS rail.

Yes you will be fine to drive until you get your tune sorted out. If you have a good set up tune you shouldn't need much tuning afterwards. The loss in restriction of your new intake will be picked up and taken care of by the MAF sensor

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk