Who has used black bear?

RottenSS

i ordered a scan cable tune from them and have sent a few emails and haven't got a reply if one is shipped or when it might be. Is this normal? I see they are a small company and moving it looks like.

• 3 months later...

Good luck dealing with Black Bear. Those people must have egos the size of Montana. No phone contact and you can send them an email but don't expect a reply .... at least not the same week you contacted them. I'm just bumed out due to the fiasco I've been through with Black Bear. I have provided details of my Black Bear experience in another forum and I suggest you read what I've been through before making a purchasing decision.

I can say first hand that Justin and Jen are great people! I've met them and emailed them several times. He is a very busy guy with tons of clients. I have never heard a bad thing about his tuning. You just have to be patient. Trust me, he's worth the wait! I think I would be questioning anyone that was not very busy in there own field of work.

Justin tuned my truck a while ago at a live event in NC. He definitely is a good guy and knows how to get the most out of these GM beasts. I agree with D1; The fact that this dude is always swamped with work is testament to his skill, even though it sucks for us impatient bastards...

Good luck dealing with Black Bear. Those people must have egos the size of Montana. No phone contact and you can send them an email but don't expect a reply .... at least not the same week you contacted them. I'm just bumed out due to the fiasco I've been through with Black Bear. I have provided details of my Black Bear experience in another forum and I suggest you read what I've been through before making a purchasing decision.

I'm not saying dismiss Dmillerj's opinion, just take it with a grain of salt. He's new to posting on this forum.

I've had multiple custom tunes done both in person and mail order. Justin has been the best to deal with on the mail order side by a land slide and gave me the best tune to build off of.

There's always going to be a customer/client you can't keep happy no matter what you do. With all of Blackbears positive reviews he's bound to have a couple that aren't.

Hi Don,

Not sure why you are now moving onto multiple forums, we discussed your issues on tahoeyukonforum in this thread: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68822

As you stated, you wanted to stop discussing, and we have done so.

I just read that whole thread and all I have to say is wow... Jenna and Justin, gl getting your equipment back from that um...guy.... and I'll be contacting you soon to get an autocal to compliment some goodies I've been stock piling!