Anyone successfully converted to a part time t case?

Just curious if anyone had pulle the 149 and went to a more common part time case? I don't always need the AWD. Plus it does make it harder to find a dyno or do burnouts.

I would prefer to go manual shifting and not electronic but if I was forced is go electronic also.

Just seeing if anyone has done it or has any info on it.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

It should be a straight forward swap, especially if you still have the 60e transmission.

You will need to cut a hole in the floor and use the shifter lever and linkage if you want the manual shift one. If you use the electronic you may need to replace the switch on the dash.

The part time 4wd systems also use a different front axle that uses a actuating pin to engage the front axle. I dont think the AWD trucks have this.

The part time 4wd systems also use a different front axle that uses a actuating pin to engage the front axle. I dont think the AWD trucks have this.

Correct. I just replaced my front diff earlier this year and because I didn't know any better, I started the job not realizing the diff they sent me was 4wd and not Awd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk