Goodbye to my MistreSS ...

Stitches040

Hey All ...

Well, the time has come ... I let go of my Mistress ...

She has done me right all these years. After 10 years of fun and extra marital bliss, it was time to let her go. Sadly, she's just sat the last few years, and she needed some extra love ...

She rolled out of here tonight, to her new home in Albany, NY... Sad to see her go ...

She will always be one Classy Lady ... :thumbs:

SSS13.jpg

SSS8.jpg

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Sad to see another original owner SS go.

What made you decide it was time? I'll be detailing mine here soon and parking it for winter storage in the garage, covered up of course. Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing more harm then good to my SS for not putting more then 600 miles a year on it. But then when I get into the drivers seat and turn the key and pull that thing out of the garage, I have a smile bigger then my butt.

I was just discussing with a friend yesterday if I should sell mine but I don't think I could.

What made you decide it was time? I'll be detailing mine here soon and parking it for winter storage in the garage, covered up of course. Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing more harm then good to my SS for not putting more then 600 miles a year on it. But then when I get into the drivers seat and turn the key and pull that thing out of the garage, I have a smile bigger then my butt.

I was just discussing with a friend yesterday if I should sell mine but I don't think I could.

Agreed, I thought of letting her go when we were house shopping last year for extra money, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. She has her very own garage now, the house we bought was owned by a drag racer and auto body tech. Every time I start her up, she puts a smile on my face. So what if I only put 1100 miles on her in the last year, that just means she is that much cleaner! I can tell you for certain that she isn't going anywhere. Anyone who is like me, and I know several of you, know it is a labor of love. These trucks are deep rooted in our souls for some reason, they are a part of us. It makes me happy when I hear someone say they have no intentions of selling their SS. I know I'm not alone....

Sorry to see her go Shuan :(

Agreed, I thought of letting her go when we were house shopping last year for extra money, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. She has her very own garage now, the house we bought was owned by a drag racer and auto body tech. Every time I start her up, she puts a smile on my face. So what if I only put 1100 miles on her in the last year, that just means she is that much cleaner! I can tell you for certain that she isn't going anywhere. Anyone who is like me, and I know several of you, know it is a labor of love. These trucks are deep rooted in our souls for some reason, they are a part of us. It makes me happy when I hear someone say they have no intentions of selling their SS. I know I'm not alone....

Im the same way. i just cant let mine go as well. it has sat way more than I have ever driven it. but I could never get rid of it. its part of me. Only way I'd ever part with mine is if it came done to needing money for my family. other than that it will sit in the garage. Id love to see my son drive this truck when he is old enough.

Sorry to see another clean truck go away. I bet it brought you many enjoyable moments. im sure it wasn't easy but you can't keep them all.

On a side note I was at wal-mart shop tonight a there was a super clean black SSS there. i told my wife we need another SSS as a DD. I got the look. Lol she said if they came in a Crew cab yo cold have another one. Really wish they were made in a Crew cab.

The reason I let her go was I just didn't drive her and she was just getting all rusty sitting outside on the dirt. Sadly, she no longer had a garage to park in. I put only about a thousand miles a year on her, for the last few years.

Also, now that I have a Monster, the backseat is too small for him & his car seat. And it doesn't matter what he rides in, he kicks the back of the seat in front of him.

Plus we are thinking of going the camper route. So I figure a nice big camper, and a nice big GMC Denali HD 3/4 ton ...

It was just time to let someone else enjoy her, before she became problematic from just sitting.

You only go around once ... I'll miss her, but I won't regret the decision I made ... :thumbs:

Well said man

The Denali's are nice pickups! I've toyed with the idea of selling my SS but then I give myself a reality check by looking at the prices of the new pickups. :noway: About the only time I drive the SS is to haul something to the dump or to haul our camping gear once a year. If I were to give it a much needed detailing I might be more inclined to drive it too.

The Denali's are nice pickups! I've toyed with the idea of selling my SS but then I give myself a reality check by looking at the prices of the new pickups. :noway: About the only time I drive the SS is to haul something to the dump or to haul our camping gear once a year. If I were to give it a much needed detailing I might be more inclined to drive it too.

Rays B4U, your truck has been my screensaver on my comp @ work for some time now. Nice ride.

Rays B4U, your truck has been my screensaver on my comp @ work for some time now. Nice ride.

Thanks for the compliment ssBLACKEDOUTss! It means a lot since some youngsters think us old farts have no style/taste nor should we still be allowed a drivers license! :laugh: