D1 install

So we went to install her on the SS. Ran into some problems with the intercooler and piping. We're going to go a different route now. Installing the cooler behind the grill. At least we got the injectors,plugs and wires done. Hopefully in the next couple weeks we can finish her up. Big thanks to mark Dave and Jim for helping. Also to Kevin for tuning it on Sunday. It runs freakin great!!!! Pics soon to come as soon as it's complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news, John. I've been wondering how your day went. Looking forward to hearing that the job is done and that you are a happy camper. :cheers:

Thanks john! Hopefully in the next couple weeks she'll be wrapped up ready to go!

Congrats, I've always wanted to a d1 on this lq9. Huge difference?

With the problems we had we didn't get it done yet. Next couple weeks she'll be ready to go! I can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Let me know when you do the inter-cooler!

I'd be glad to help you out.

thanks Dave!

Mark called me on this about the head unit bracket? I was playing in a golf tourney that day and couldnt talk on the phone

We got the head unit installed finally Brian. Now the problem is the intercooler wher Niko had it...(where the skid plate is) doesn't fit. It's a 31" aftermarket 3 core cooler.

Can't wait to get my D1 mounted up! What trans are you running with that beast of a blower?

Running stock trans. Going to do the upgrades to it over the winter. Only going to run 8-10 psi for now

Edited by 2tone06SS (see edit history)

Yeah me to, I'd really like to go with an FLT level 6 or 7 and hope it can take the beating so I don't have to figure out the 80e swap. In a perfect world these guys would get the 6L80 figured out with our trucks and maybe I can drop some serious cash on one of those bad boys and paddle shifters muhuhahahaha :peelout::jester: