Coming to Portland OR for a whole week. What to do???

MID12sSSS

Ford is sending me to Portland for training. I've never been and I'll be there for a whole week. I leave this Sunday. I don't wanna be stuck in a hotel the whole time. I get a rent-a-car so I'm gonna put it to use. Anyone live in the area and have some good recommendations? Thanks guys

Crap, Im going to be there this weekned. I am actually moving there very soon.

Where are you going to be staying? Downtown, near the Airport, or in one of the suburbs? That will make a big difference on what to do.

Portland is a very eccentric city. It is also a very foody city, so there are lots of cool restaurants. Lots and lots of food carts If you are near downtown you have to go to Voodoo Doughnuts just because.

Its also one of the biggest Beer cities in the US, and I do believe it has the most # of micro brews in the US. Actually I think there are more brewreys in Portland than any other city in the World. A couple of guys I know have a brewery called Base Camp you can check out.

Its about a 45 min drive to Multnoma falls which is a really cool sight to see, there are also lots of nice parks.

Are you going to be in training all day, and have the nights off? Are you going to be there on a Saturday? If so the Saturday market is pretty cool.

You are very lucky to be going this time of year. The weather looks to be pretty nice the next few weeks

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

Sweet! Thanks. I'll have to look to see what hotel they got me in and where it's at. I fly out this Sunday. Then I have training every day from like 8-3 then I got the whole night off. Haha. It's like a paid vacation. Thanks for the run down. Maybe we can meet up for some beers :thumbs:

I won't have my truck of course. Maybe there'll be a cruise or something to checkout while I'm there?

unfortunately i wont be there to get a beer. Im just visiting this weekend, and moving in a few weeks. I live in Southern Oregon about 4.5 hours away.

I think there is a cruise in every wendesday night at Portland International Raceway, I dont know much about it. It says there are up to 1000 cars. They also have late night Drags every Friday and Saturday night

http://portlandraceway.com/?/events/upcoming_events/cruisein

• 4 weeks later...