P0757 after stall

• 2 weeks later...

Why wouldn't you drive it??? Would a tune help in this case? Absolutely! Can he drive it the way it is?? SURE! That's a normal code after a installing a higher stall TC. Going off memory here on that code but I believe it has to do TCC duty cycle.

Why wouldn't you drive it??? Would a tune help in this case? Absolutely! Can he drive it the way it is?? SURE! That's a normal code after a installing a higher stall TC. Going off memory here on that code but I believe it has to do TCC duty cycle.

There are a few things to consider. Even little stuff to me needs to be tuned to dial it in.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/new-torque-converter-500049/

Mine went 3 months before I retuned it. Never hunted for idle, only shifted a little too early at part throttle and threw the 0757 code every now and then. Sometimes it would lock and unlock at 45mph. All in all not hard to fix if know anything about tuning these trucks.

Not directing this towards you in particular, but I get tired of reading posts for guys talking about tuning, when they have NO IDEA what they are talking about. I mean if some dude across the country does your tune, then plz don't tell people what needs tuning and what doesn't. I actually had a guy on here, tell me that my truck would run worse after a header install with no retune, on a stock truck, I mean WTF. You get a cel, but I assure you, even with the stock tune, you will make more power with LTs.

I personally would re-tune for almost any drive train mod if for no other reason than you will not gain the full benefit of a given part without adjusting the tune for it.

Will it damage you ride not to re-tune? Probably depends on the mod, but I would ere on the side of caution, (And power increase).

My dos peso's.

Mine went 3 months before I retuned it. Never hunted for idle, only shifted a little too early at part throttle and threw the 0757 code every now and then. Sometimes it would lock and unlock at 45mph. All in all not hard to fix if know anything about tuning these trucks.

Not directing this towards you in particular, but I get tired of reading posts for guys talking about tuning, when they have NO IDEA what they are talking about. I mean if some dude across the country does your tune, then plz don't tell people what needs tuning and what doesn't. I actually had a guy on here, tell me that my truck would run worse after a header install with no retune, on a stock truck, I mean WTF. You get a cel, but I assure you, even with the stock tune, you will make more power with LTs.

I just don't understand why you wouldn't tune for such a mod. Our transmissions are rather delicate as is. I understand the whole across the country thing. But some of us travel across the country to chill with our tuners. Basically, if the PCM is throwing codes at you, something needs to be fixed/modified (retuned).

I just don't understand why you wouldn't tune for such a mod. Our transmissions are rather delicate as is. I understand the whole across the country thing. But some of us travel across the country to chill with our tuners. Basically, if the PCM is throwing codes at you, something needs to be fixed/modified (retuned).

Words of wisdom, and common sense. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Most tuners just turn that code off, PCM doesn't conduct test to determine if a fault exist btw. So it's really not "fixed". This is why I get upset with many on this board. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying tuning isn't crucial! But if you don't know anything about tuning for a particular mod, then plz.......

Most tuners just turn that code off, PCM doesn't conduct test to determine if a fault exist btw. So it's really not "fixed". This is why I get upset with many on this board. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying tuning isn't crucial! But if you don't know anything about tuning for a particular mod, then plz.......

Dude, that's what I'm saying! I know the PCM doesn't conduct tests to check for faults, it's told of faults. Those codes need to be turned off! I don't know about you, but having a CEL on pisses me right off. Having a CEL means something is wrong, even if it is something that just needs to be "turned off."