Ebay drilled and slotted rotorss?

I've bought ones from brakemotive76 on there many times over the past few years for various vehicles and have never had a problem with them. The ceramic pads they come with aren't too bad either. I usually use them until they wear out then upgrade afterwards.

Drilled and slotted suck. Slotted are much better for street driving. Went through a set of drilled and slotted on a year and found cracks on the rotors. Killed the pads and gouged the rotors too. Now the high end drilled and slotted rotors are a little better as far as the cracking goes since they use a thicker surface and heavy vanes. IMO stick with stock non drilled or slotted or go with slotted only.

These on the other hand still look like new, perform like new, and leaves no brake dust with the same brand of pads as I used with the d/s rotors.

I don't know where the pics of the d/s rotors are that shows the cracks.

I went with the SSBC stock replacements. As stated up top drilled and slotted are junk unless you get really good ones. Mine didn't last 2 years before they kicked the bucket.

post-21185-0-96333700-1408283077_thumb.jpg

post-21185-0-28644600-1408283226_thumb.jpg

Far better Brakes. If you use your brakes hard the cheap drilled and slotted will not hold up.

post-21185-0-04398700-1408283393_thumb.jpg

post-21185-0-27440300-1408283469_thumb.jpg

About a year and 10 months completely shot and had hawk pads on them.

I went with the SSBC stock replacements. As stated up top drilled and slotted are junk unless you get really good ones. Mine didn't last 2 years before they kicked the bucket.

My stock rotors will need replaced soon so I may give the SSBC short stop kit a try. I wish I could afford their 14" upgrade kit but over $800 for them is out of my budget.

I have Baer upgraded big rotors that are slotted and drilled. I have had them for two years with now problems. But they weren't cheap either. I think the guys are right, try to stay away from slotted or drilled unless it's a proven brand. If I was to do it over again, I would just do the SUV upgrade. If you need rotors and shoes anyways, there is not much additional cost to do this upgrade. And there is a large improvement over stock.

Edit- these are what I have on the front and back. But on the back I had to buy the SUV caliper. It takes the larger caliper than what is on the 03' awd. I have the eradispeed +1's.

https://baer.com/EradiSpeed-Rotors-GMT800-Pickup/

Good product! Kinda spendy though.

Edited by Aksss (see edit history)