Anyone replace all their brake lines?

Looks like I have one or more ruptures in the line at the rear of the truck. I have a kit ordered that is supposed to fit perfect. Looks like there is some line that runs near the gas tank that might be a huge PITA to replace.

Anyone replaced their brake lines here? Curious how you went about it and any problem areas.

He is talking hard lines. Northeast weather=rusted out hard lines. I know they make a stainless kit to replace them all. Dealer now has a discount on a repair kit. Not sure of the specifics on it.

I was looking at these for a work truck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-07-Chevy-GMC-Truck-Pre-Bent-STAINLESS-Brake-Lines-1500-2500-3500-/310684224446

The braided kits are Just caliper to hard lines. I have those they are cheap and easy to do.

Edited by evand (see edit history)

I was assuming that the post was about all the hard lines. (I've been mistaken before. :jester: )

I have found several companies who list Stainless for our year truck. They don't specify the Super Sport by name. Worth a call. I bought a stainless set for my 86 3/4 ton Sierra 4X4 and liked them a good bit.

Thanks for the ebay link. Those are a little cheaper than the kits I have found.

I've started to have mine replaced and will have the rest done with-in the next month or so. My mechanic makes his own from CuNi, don't have to worry about those rotting out :)

That ought to do the trick. Is this upgrade a common thing in Maine? What are you using for connecting hardware? (Just wondering about possible trouble with electrolysis). Somewhere in my search for stainless lines I found an outfit selling stainless fittings too.

I found the GM kit that fits specifically on my truck. 22933211

Not sure if these fit SSS, guessing they would if you have the extended cab. GM now makes 60+ configurations of pre-bend hard line with nylon coating for the 1999-2007 trucks.

Very pretty kit. It arrived yesterday. Although it does not include the 3/16 line that runs along the axle to each rear caliper (guess that will be easy enough to fab myself). The vendor was Goodwinparts on ebay. Very nice shop to work with. I highly recommend them. The parts arrived a day after I ordered them.

I assume GM finally caved because of all the complaints about safety issues with lines blowing out so it seems like they started making these kits recently.

HTH

Edited by demonte1997 (see edit history)

I found the GM kit that fits specifically on my truck. 22933211

Not sure if these fit SSS, guessing they would if you have the extended cab. GM now makes 60+ configurations of pre-bend hard line with nylon coating for the 1999-2007 trucks.

Very pretty kit. It arrived yesterday. Although it does not include the 3/16 line that runs along the axle to each rear caliper (guess that will be easy enough to fab myself). The vendor on ebay was Goodwinparts on ebay. Very nice shop to work with. I highly recommend them. The parts arrived a day after I ordered them.

I assume GM finally caved because of all the complaints about safety issues with lines blowing out so it seems like they started making these kits recently.

HTH

Thanks for the heads up. Keep us posted on how the swap project goes. Best luck. :cheers: