Minimum wheel to caliper clearances

A_FUrious

After trials and tribulations. Which I don't recommend anyone doing the Z06 upgrade if you have Boss 330's. I figured it would be close but not this bad. I've had to add 60mm spacers to get the clearance where it doesn't rub on the caliper. I bought new hubs and wheel studs so I can get more than 4 turns on my lug nuts. It blows cause I can definitely notice how far the wheel comes out of the wheel well. Live and learn. I will probably end up eventually getting TBSS reps in the future.

As for now, does anyone know at a very minimum where I would be a safe distance away from the caliper?? It appears I have ~1.5mm at its closest point which is at the center piston. As always, any insight is greatly appreciated.

If anyone wants to trade out right for pretty much brand new Boss 330's with Nitto 420s 305/40/22 with maybe 1k miles on them let me know. 22's only. PM me if interested and I'll send pics.

I was going to do the Z06 upgrade also, I also sold my Boss 330s and put my stockers back on and going with the 22 reps, I didn't realize there was such and issue with the clearance. Im going with the Baer Aluma instead, Autoanything had the front set for $1,165 with %10 off.

As far as clearance on the wheels as long as it not hitting its good to go.

Yes.. Oh and I know. There is no way I would drive with so few turns. I would have to replace all of my wheel studs from 65mm OE to 80mm to even get close. The issue with that was wheel studs are quite spacific on Knurl diameter and length as well as the shoulder. There isn't anything that would be a direct replacement. Most wheel studs are designed spacifically for certain applications. For instance, the closest "replacement" had a Knurl of 15.67mm and OE is 15.83mm. What happens if I put that crap in and it's weak... I go to put my lug nuts on and that bitch spins loose.... Forget that... I actually decided to buy TBSS reps from NorCal. Keep it stock and just replace my hubs for good measure. Besides, I bought them already.

Yes.. Oh and I know. There is no way I would drive with so few turns. I would have to replace all of my wheel studs from 65mm OE to 80mm to even get close. The issue with that was wheel studs are quite spacific on Knurl diameter and length as well as the shoulder. There isn't anything that would be a direct replacement. Most wheel studs are designed spacifically for certain applications. For instance, the closest "replacement" had a Knurl of 15.67mm and OE is 15.83mm. What happens if I put that crap in and it's weak... I go to put my lug nuts on and that bitch spins loose.... Forget that... I actually decided to buy TBSS reps from NorCal. Keep it stock and just replace my hubs for good measure. Besides, I bought them already.

Sounds like you've got it figured out. :thumbsup: I think that the TBSS wheels look great on our trucks.

Thanks guys. It was eating me up modding too much crap to make it work. Now just to sell the Boss 330's, I will have 5 to sell not sure what to price em at. 950 with chrome locking lugs??? No tires except on the fifth. It has like 40% tread left.

Thanks! Hopefully they sell quicker then the rotors/pads I've been tryin to unload.. Once I get em off n shined up ill post it up. Like I mentioned before, any suggestions on price would be greatly appreciated. I really have no clue what I can get for em.