WTB SS in Florida. Cash in Hand.

CaptKirk

Hi all. New to the forum and to the SS, looking to pick one up here within the next few weeks. I'm located in Tampa but could travel a little bit within Florida. Not looking for anything too crazily modified.

If yall know of any around I'd appreciate the heads-up. I will keep scanning the forums as well I just thought I'd put the word out.

Thanks!

That truck looks pretty good, (Aside from the bed rails and step bars.) The wheels aren't right for a SSS and I don't personally care for the look of them on an SS, but that's just personal taste.

I would take a road trip and check it out. Offer them 12 and see what they say. Good luck bud.

That truck looks pretty good, (Aside from the bed rails and step bars.) The wheels aren't right for a SSS and I don't personally care for the look of them on an SS, but that's just personal taste.

I would take a road trip and check it out. Offer them 12 and see what they say. Good luck bud.

Yeah I figured I'd have that stuff powdercoated black or just removed. And I agree with the wheels I didn't know where they came from, I'd like the oem 20s in chrome.

Headed down there now and 12 was the number I had in my head too. Thanks, will update later.

If you pass on it shoot me a pm. We can work something out

Hmm, if I saw this post before I was down there looking at it, I would have walked away. It was a few hour drive and I didn't have a ton of time to shop around. I need to get back to work (TX) in like a week, so I took it.

Ended up picking up the truck. It needs some TLC but I can get to that, I like doing all my own work anyway.

On the 'new owner' side of things:

I'm planning on doing a bunch of general maintenance due to it's mileage, and I don't trust dealerships. I was thinking diff fluids, oil, sparkplugs/wires, trans fluid, and coolant flush. Should I look into anything else in particular? Any usual problem areas with 100k+ miles? I'm iffy about having the work done at a dealership too, is there a recommended type of shop I should bring it to? I'm new to the truck world, I had a specific mechanic that did all of my work before but he only works on S2000s. Any input is appreciated.

Congratulations on the new truck. :cheers:

Your plan to change out fluids is a good one. The hard parts I would study a bit before simply changing them out. Did you get any maintenance history with the truck? The AWD trucks are prone to front differential troubles and the transmission is a bit of a weak link. Most of us go to full synth fluids and regular to frequent fluid changes, and beefed up trans mods. If you got an owners manual with the truck check out the scheduled maintenance list. I have found a very skilled and reputable independent mechanic for the projects I can't handle myself. Best I can tell you is shop around till you find one in your area. I haven;t had to resort to a stealership with my truck, yet.

For the most part these trucks are very dependable as long as they haven't been beaten like a government mule.

Congratulations on the new truck. :cheers:

Your plan to change out fluids is a good one. The hard parts I would study a bit before simply changing them out. Did you get any maintenance history with the truck? The AWD trucks are prone to front differential troubles and the transmission is a bit of a weak link. Most of us go to full synth fluids and regular to frequent fluid changes, and beefed up trans mods. If you got an owners manual with the truck check out the scheduled maintenance list. I have found a very skilled and reputable independent mechanic for the projects I can't handle myself. Best I can tell you is shop around till you find one in your area. I haven;t had to resort to a stealership with my truck, yet.

For the most part these trucks are very dependable as long as they haven't been beaten like a government mule.

Thanks for all the help. I'll see what I can find. Didn't get any maintenance history or much info at all. I'll start poking around the sight for the trans mods and whatnot. Are oem fluids recommended for the big stuff like diff and trans or do people just find something they like? Are there oils that everyone avoids, or something that most people use? I've used mobil1 engine oil for years but that was a 2 seat Honda. Sorry for all the questions.

Most of us use full synth for motor and front diff, transmission. I use Mobil 1. GM's Autotrack 2 in transfer case.

You will need to check your front diff for a white vent tube fitting, (The black ones are not compatible with synthetic fluid). This is the fitting in the differential that the vent tube attaches to.

hey ill sell you a 700 whp one, but itll cost you a tad more than $15k :jester:

but in all seriousness, I have occasionally picked up SSS trucks at auction if they are clean, and sell them. will take a look through the dealer auctions for you :thumbs:

hey ill sell you a 700 whp one, but itll cost you a tad more than $15k :jester: but in all seriousness, I have occasionally picked up SSS trucks at auction if they are clean, and sell them. will take a look through the dealer auctions for you :thumbs:

Thats very appreciated! I was in a tight time constraint so I already actually pulled the trigger on one. It's in okay shape, I'll return it to pristine shape over the next few years. Thanks for the thought though. I like this forum!

btw, that 08 STI you own sounds like quite a blast. I used to drive a stage 2 '05 STI. They're a damn good time.

i working out a deal where i might be able to be another ss that needs a motor. basically get 12k for mine and the roller depending on how beat up it is.

Again, I appreciate the offers guys! I should take down the thread, I already purchased one.