Another one bites the dust....

cleansss20

20140630_095843.jpeg

20140630_095852.jpeg

20140715_102028.jpeg

A woman pulled out in front of me and i hit her driver side door. The insurance company totalled the truck. They are offering me 17k plus a 2k buy back. So I get the truck back and 15k. Its a no brainer for me to buy the truck back for my procharger and the 4l80e swap I just did, but im having a hard time making the big decision. The truck has 112000 miles on the clock and it is going to cost around 4-6k to fix it. As much as I love the truck im debating on whether to sink 6k into a truck with a salvaged title that I will never fully recover my money. Or part ways with the truck and part it out and make a little extra cash to go with this 15k and buy another project truck.

DANG! Sucks to hear buddy. I cant imagine what you're going through. But sounds like they're giving you full book for it. I say buy it back for your mods, part it out for some extra cash, go buy another project truck, slap your 80 and procharger on it since theyre paid for... If you pick up a rcsb for like $7k, you can put your interior in it, use your tailgate and cladding... You can have a full clone and drop your powertrain right in it. That way you'll always have a part of your SS and pocket $8K on top of that!

DANG! Sucks to hear buddy. I cant imagine what you're going through. But sounds like they're giving you full book for it. I say buy it back for your mods, part it out for some extra cash, go buy another project truck, slap your 80 and procharger on it since theyre paid for... If you pick up a rcsb for like $7k, you can put your interior in it, use your tailgate and cladding... You can have a full clone and drop your powertrain right in it. That way you'll always have a part of your SS and pocket $8K on top of that!

This is an amazing idea! Do it!

Me personally would buy it back and part it out. then find another one and start over. just keep the 80 and procharger. I'd say you could make 4-5k on all the left over parts. cladding, interior, t-case, bed, motor ect.

Or find a Reg cab and build a clone and make it AWD biggrinjester.gif

Sucks it happened. but there is other trucks out there it would be hard for me to drop money back into a totaled