AC question- throttle input?

Smokinthehippies

Does the ac compressor recieve any input from the throttle?

It seems like when ever I drive semi aggressively or more, my ac blows just hot air. But if I'm just puttin along cruising under 2k rpm than it's icy cold like it should be.

Is that something that can be tuned out or is there a bigger issue afoot?

Thanks!

Yeah, it is throttle related. There is a table in the PCM at that controls when the AC is turned off. For example my AC is commanded off at over 5200rpm. I believe there is also a table commanding the AC off at certain percentages of throttle. Example %90 open = commanded shut off.

Yeah, it is throttle related. There is a table in the PCM at that controls when the AC is turned off. For example my AC is commanded off at over 5200rpm. I believe there is also a table commanding the AC off at certain percentages of throttle. Example %90 open = commanded shut off.

Aha! I knew it.

Thanks!

Do you know if that setting can be removed or adjusted at all?

It can be adjusted however you want, just input a set amount. Here's the table

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd510/Pwilly7/image_zps9d48fea8.jpg

I'd question spinning the AC pump above 5200 though. Besides, when you smash the go peddle the AC disables for a reason, to give you all the power you're wanting (and also maybe to save the pump from revs it's not meant for).

Learn something new every day. :thumbsup: