"posted image"

SShanks

Question

When I try to view some of the older threads on here, where there is supposed to pictures, there's just a white box that says "posted image." Is that normal? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

6 answers to this question

When people leave the site or close their accounts, it all goes with them... Sucks. If you could post directly to the page, it would help, but if I were to close my photobucket account, all my pics on here would go as well. I imagine this site would have to have a massive amount of available storage to allow direct pics, and thats not cheap.

Most of the time it's because the link is broken to where the file was originally stored. For instance, if you post an image using photobucket and you decide to go through your old photos and delete them from photobucket; the image will not longer show up here. The forum is essentially reaching out to photobucket to display that image.

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

That really sucks because a lot of the how-to threads are missing pictures.

I feel you right there, I'm scanning through all the how-to post and I'm catching the same thing on the older ones.