ddm tuning

I ordered some 5k hids for a friend , I have some eBay ones already , what kind of quality are they , and how long do they take to ship ? , I tracked them and there coming from china

Yeah mine took like 2-3 weeks. What pissed me off was that they have a location like 30 mins from me and I didn't realize that until a week later smh

Quality wise I love them. Had them for a little over 2 years in my 6k lows and 4k fogs. If they ever go out I'm reordering from them

Edited by xxssmaniacxx (see edit history)

I ordered a set from them once and I got it within a week. I ordered another set and it was over 30 days. I personally will never by from them again because of this.

The quality is better than cheap Ebay ones, but not as good as some (Morimotos). But for the price they are hard to beat.

I originally bought a set of DDM HIDs about 6 years ago for my old car. They were having a sale for $30 for the kit and I couldn't say no. Those were nice so I ordered a set for the Denali (lows and fogs). The kit that came was absolute junk. Both lows were giving me trouble. DDM's return policy is horrible. DDM likes to act like they are the only game in town when you start asking questions about why their equipment doesn't work. They have the worst customer service I've experienced. I would never buy HIDs from them again.

I will say that their LEDs are nice and somewhat affordable if you want to deal with the long wait... so I can't completely badmouth them.

For HIDs, I'd go with retrofitsource for expensive, but nice ones. If you want affordable, shop around on ebay. I got a replacement set of HID lows for the Denali and they've worked flawlessly for over a year. Not only that, the vendor had very superior service over DDM. If you want me to post the vendor, I can.

Bottom line is that you can get cheapie knockoff HIDs from anywhere these days. DDMs quality has gone down to a point where their product is no better than something you could get for the same price or cheaper on ebay. If you order from a US seller on ebay, chances are that you would receive the kit way quicker than you would through DDM.

HTH

Edited by demonte1997 (see edit history)

I have had ddms for years now. 3 different cars and I had some trouble with their old thick ballasts after having them for 2 years. Customer service was great and they gave me the option to pay 10$ more to get some slim ballast instead of them replacing the thick ones. Ebay are bullshit. Ddm is definitely middle of the road when it comes to hids.

• 1 month later...