Black Bear Tune Question

Normandy

Hey guys, I've been researching tuning now for a little while and I think I'm going to go with Black Bear. However I cannot find for the life of me, anyone posting any before/after tuning numbers. Even Google is letting me down. :blink: Can anyone give me any evidence that the BB tunes are worth the money besides "Day and night difference"

Thanks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/hrdp_0710_6l_ls_series_small_block/?__federated=1

There is no set hp increase amount, every truck is different and everyone will have different ideas of what a perfect tune is to them based on driving style and experience. The biggest variables will be what you request as parameters such as fuel octane, shift points, tourque management etc. and the current modifications that you have. A truck with a blower will see better gains with a tune then a stock truck,

See the link above, it give rough Ideas of what certain modifications may yield.

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/hrdp_0710_6l_ls_series_small_block/?__federated=1

There is no set hp increase amount, every truck is different and everyone will have different ideas of what a perfect tune is to them based on driving style and experience. The biggest variables will be what you request as parameters such as fuel octane, shift points, tourque management etc. and the current modifications that you have. A truck with a blower will see better gains with a tune then a stock truck,

See the link above, it give rough Ideas of what certain modifications may yield.

Thanks for the link. I wasn't expecting exact numbers, I know each engine is different. I just wanted to get a ballpark of what others have gained. As it would seem, I cannot find anyone who has a before and after dyno. What is torque management by the way?

When you hit the gas there is a small delay. If you take some TQ management out it will respond quicker. With headers Cai and a pretty good tune you could pic up about .3 or .4 in the 1/4. Hp wise I'm not sure there are guys on here that have posted before and after results.

When you hit the gas there is a small delay. If you take some TQ management out it will respond quicker. With headers Cai and a pretty good tune you could pic up about .3 or .4 in the 1/4. Hp wise I'm not sure there are guys on here that have posted before and after results.

Very nice. So why does this exist? I can only assume that it can cause damage to the drive line once removed??

I had no problems in 07 I got my first tune when I got my stall and cam I had zippy take as much out as he seen fit for my set up. It is very very responsive. I love it. When I get my new ride I'll have it tweeked as well.

I did the nnbs/tbss intake with 87mm throttle body and long tube obx headers and on a iPhone app I gained .45-.5 seconds in the 1/4 just from his tune.

nnbs/tbss?? What do you mean you did it on an iphone app?

What about HP tuners? Theres a local shop " Sho Me Speed", that uses it. Their shop has some pretty high ratings and their cars are ridiculously fast at the track.

I think black bear uses EFI live, but I wouldn't go based off of what software to run. I'd choose a tuner and just use what they're using to tune.
I personally bought EFI live a while back and then sold it off, but I was set of EFI to be able to use on my truck for data logging and use for some local Duramax trucks.

I think black bear uses EFI live, but I wouldn't go based off of what software to run. I'd choose a tuner and just use what they're using to tune.

I personally bought EFI live a while back and then sold it off, but I was set of EFI to be able to use on my truck for data logging and use for some local Duramax trucks.

I'm checking into it but according to what Ive found the shop specializes in LS motors and has done so for 10 yrs. I'd like to think that makes them pretty good.

Edited by Normandy (see edit history)