Silverado ss Right Hand Drive Conversion

NZchevyman

Got a bit more done today, removed most of the front off the truck to gain better access to the engine mounts and where the steering box will be located, will also need to get a few pipe limes extended to either sides of the truck, i will get my mate to do that part of the job for me. more to do tomorrow

post-26375-0-63612000-1405751579_thumb.jpg

post-26375-0-26493600-1405751717_thumb.jpg

yea i know it is strange as i look at all the others on this site and there all LHD then here i am trying to piece together mine the other way round, and yea got a good size workshop to do it all its just so cold here at the moment being thats its the middle of winter, heading down in a minute to do a little bit more on it.

got a bit more done tonight got the steering column mount fitted in and bolted the steering wheel in place, got a few minor adjustments to do to get it 100% but at least its starting to look like a truck again on the inside anyway

post-26375-0-63884700-1406014692_thumb.jpg

ive got the brake pedal all mounted just wasn't in that photo, its not to bad as the new steering column mount i got had the new bracket for the brake pedal and the gas pedal can mount straight onto the firewall as its on its own bracket, and the seats are all out i just sat it back in there to try the steering wheel out

Edited by NZchevyman (see edit history)

yes every thing is still the same as it would be apart from on the other side of the truck the only thing that will change on the different side will be the E brake that will be on the right hand side rather than the left as it will need to be mounted to the wall/pillar and gas pedal is not on same bracket that will be mounted to the fire wall it self the brake pedal is mounted to the new steering column mount

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't really put up updates for a while as been busy doing things like mounting the steering box, getting the steering columb to mount properly through the fire wall and mucking around with the reinforcing bar that the airbag mounts to, and in the last few days i have got the heater back so have been mounting that into the left hand side of the firewall, also been changing around the E brake cable from the left side to the right side, everything will start showing more in the next few weeks so will post up some pictures once I've got more done

Getting and more done now, had to order a new dash as my other one didn't fit properly and was made for the 99-02 shape not the facelift version, has taken a while to turn up but its here finaly and looks awesome, way better than the other one did, and now I'm staring to mount stuff in the dash to make sure everything fits. its starting to look like a proper truck once again which is awesome, heater is all mounted in now, and have cut the intake out in the firewall. more updates after the weekend, where i hope to get more mounted.

post-26375-0-45723100-1409218509_thumb.jpg

post-26375-0-28213500-1409218519_thumb.jpg