Silverado ss Right Hand Drive Conversion

NZchevyman

Hello there. Over the next few months. I will be taking on the prosess of converting my new truck that I have just imported into New Zealand to right hand drive. I started tonight on pulling the dash and other interior parts out. And also removed. The steering box to be sent away to be all changed and returned as a right hand drive steering box. I will be posting pictures along the way as I get time.

Yea thanks. They were never made in right hand drive. And there are not many of these around over here. So makes them worth a lot more than there worth in America. Also thy are a nice truck, I will start posting pictures tonight as over the weekend as I'm wanting to have the whole inside out the truck by hopefully Saturday night.

I thought another guy had done this before. Unless he never ended going through with it. I know he was talking about bringing a SS to austraila. Either way I bet its a big job.

Your right. Rexx moved to Australia from Texas and was looking to buy a SSS and convert to RHD. He said that over there the work had to be done by approved mech's and cost between 30,000 and 40,000 Aus. dollar, I assume.

Don't know if he ever found a truck while he was over there. If I remember it right he moved back to Tex.

Welcome to the site Mark. :cheers:

I'll be looking for your progress report about your conversion. :pop:

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)

Man! That's looking like a PROJECT!! :ohmy:

Do you change the side of the vehicle that the steering box goes on or use linkage to connect the right side steering shaft over to the left side, (stock location), steering box? (Seems like leaving the steering box on the left might be a little easier).

Interested to see the finished dash makeover.

You have to change the steering box over to the right hand side. I've taken the steering box out the other day and sent it away to be changed so it can be mounted on the right hand side. So doing that. I have to also move the engine over to the left about 2 or 3 inches to allow to steering column to fit past the motor.