Stall opinions please

I will be installing a stall in my truck within the next few weeks. I would like some of your experienced opinions on what size to go with. Was thinking about a 2600. Truck is my daily driver, don't tow often enough for that to affect choice. Also probably a high possibility will be installing a fast system soon if that will affect choice. Mods are listed below. Thanks guys

Edited by dieseltech320 (see edit history)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Circle D 3-3200 stall is good converter, unless you want a small converter then there's other options.

That's the problem though, I have no experience in choosing a stall or how it will drive or anything so I don't know if I want smaller or not

What are future plans for the truck? Plan on going forced induction, and if so what kind? Bigger cam, heads, etc? For your current mods in a dd I'd say a 2800-3000 would more than get the job done for you. If you plan to go bigger cam, centrifugal blower or turbo in the future, you might want to step it up a few hundred more rpm. I had a 3000 in my truck before I even put a cam in it and I liked it. Like others have said, just make sure you stick with a good name brand converter. Don't cheap out and buy one from Joe Blows transmission shop that claims to have built it themselves and its the most badass converter on the planet...things will not end well. I have had great luck with my current PATC converter in the 80e and also my old PATC in the 65e. My first converter was a TCS billet and it was nice too, just sold it to go bigger way back when. I have a feeling I know who Zippy will recommend to go with.

not trying to cheap out or anything but since I have a connection on a certain one I would like to take advantage of it if everyone likes the brand. I have a friend who works for comp and is able to get a tci stall at his discount. opinions on these please. and after hearing everyones thoughts I have decided to go with a 3k

I think most people here would agree to stay away from TCI.

As I mentioned before I'd give the circle d stall a try.

The price is decent and not as costly as the 9.5" converters, and I believe you can still tow a decent amount with it.

And if ever you decide to upgrade there's still some re sale valve in them.

And there's some members here running it too.

I had one but sold it after I bought the yank I have in now.