radio wont turn off/ remote start not working.

First off ill say this site is freaking awesome and wish i found it sooner ..didnt know there was a site for ss enthusiests. Well where do i began .. started off the other day by disconnecting my batter trying to figure out why my aftermarket multimedia unit wouldnt let me view pictures / watch dvds.. after reconnecting battery terminals realized that even with keys out n door open the deck wouldnt turn off like it used to.. as a matter of fact the only way to get it off was to pull the fuse under the hood. Weird enough i realized my aftermarket alarm/remote start wasnt right ether. Id press the lock button on the keyfab and was just honking the horn when i pressed ( normally it honks and locks the doors etc. ) also i then hit the remote start button.. it fired the truck up without hesitation but immediately turned the truck off. My question is what would cause all of these functions to fail at once ? Is it coincidental or are these functions tied together? Has anyone experienced this .. thanks in advance for any input. Need to figure it out , having to pop the fuse everytime i park aint going to put any chicks in the passenger seat ;). , Jay.

It all worked fine before?

Highly doubt "it's wired wrong". The remote start sounds like it lost your tachometer memory signal when you disconnected the battery

As for the radio, I'd plug the fuse back in, and start the truck with all doors closed. Let run for like a minute. Then shut the truck off and open the door. See it the module that controls this, resets itself.

Keep us informed. (Frustrated by assumptions of uneducated people)

Just for shits and giggles I would try checking the door switch that tells the truck when your doors open when the trucks in gear and you open the door it should tell you that your door is open if not it might just need a door switch

My buddies truck had a wrong wire hooked up which cause the same issues after a Alarm was put in. Thats why I mentioned it. Might as well go over everything as normally its the one thing you dont think of causing the issue.

It all worked fine before?

Highly doubt "it's wired wrong". The remote start sounds like it lost your tachometer memory signal when you disconnected the battery

As for the radio, I'd plug the fuse back in, and start the truck with all doors closed. Let run for like a minute. Then shut the truck off and open the door. See it the module that controls this, resets itself.

Keep us informed. (Frustrated by assumptions of uneducated people)

I have diagnosed similar concerns with the trans range switch being the fault.... .I'm not saying I'm right, I was just trying to help.... I won't do that again! Edited by D1SCSS (see edit history)

I had the similar issue with my remote start. Ended up that the bypass or alarm itself needed reprograming. It was a very fast fix at the shop that installed my alarm. Litteraly 5 minutes. Basically the alarm doesn't know what vehicle it is in. Start there for now. As for the media device I have no clue.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk

Ok did a little tinkering , thanks for all the reponces u guys are great. Plugged the fuse back in ran the truck for a few mins and turned off hoping to reset the module that kills the the acc power when your getting out the truck ...no go there . I did notice i can turn the key off and still use the power windows that is untill i open the door. Kind of makes me think that module is working proper and something else is wacky. Also tried the door switch , i left the door open when it was in gear and it in fact said the door was open. So, is it possible that my cd player n remote start n door locks are all somehow linked by the remote start ? Just really weird how i unplug the battery for 20 mins and all of that stuff messes up. Got me , pretty annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok ok been real busy sorry for the long time to respond .. well i drove the truck for a bit and few days later all the remote start n lock stuff returned back to normal. Weird ! But the one thing i still cant figure is why the cd player wont turn off. Without getting too ghetto , is there something i can just wire the remote wire for the cd player to that would make it turn off with the key ? I really dont want to run a stupid switch thats ghetto as hell and its a ss for christ sake lol thanks for any imput .

The radios remote wire is to turn ON addition amplifiers and processors when the radio turns on and off. It would be blue/white wire. (Blue with white stripe). Take your red wire from behind the radio, and hook it to the 12 gauge brown or orange wire coming down the steering column. These are thicker in size than most wires down there. Also, fuse it with a 5 amp or 10 amp fuse. ;). Good luck

• 2 years later...