Need info on new portable laptop

2003_SuperSport

Ok my old acer CPU is getting old and is over 8 years old now. The battery last only 20-30mins and I want to get a new one but smaller like an 8-10" just for tuning and monitoring diagnostics on the fly. My question is will hptuners run off of a Acer with a google chrome OS.

Chromebooks are basically sealed. Not even a disk drive. Chrome OS is a "lite" OS. Basically only good enough to surf the web and do email. I also doubt the specs of a Chromebook can efficiently run Windows. Look at it this way. You want a blower, Do you cheap out and try to make a 1.5L M90 work on a 6.0 or do you spend a little more on the MP122 that is made for the 6.0 and will run right?

Learned something new today.... Myself, when I want to do anything with programs I find my nerd friend and tell him what I'm trying to do. He then builds my computer, new image and all specific to that :)

One thing I have had problems with for laptops and tuning is burning up computers. I have burned up two hp's and one cheap acer. My dell has done awesome. But I also take more precautions now and make sure the laptop doesn't sit flat on the passenger seat and overheat. Just something to keep in mind.

Look for a laptop that has good cooling if you plan on doing a lot of tuning.

The problem I have seen with smaller laptops is you can't really get a badass proccesser , I used to tune with a 10" Acer and I hated it I went into best buy and got a 15" Toshiba with a quad core and it runs like a dream , is hpt compatible with windows 8