Belt Slipping

zweld

Hey Guys,

I've got a Powerdyne supercharger installed. Everything is going good after I got it rebuilt except one thing. The belt slips really bad once it really starts pulling around 4-5k rpm. I have adjusted and tightened it but that doesn't seem to help. Anyone have any suggestions on what brand of belt to use to reduce slipping?

I believe Gates makes a green belt which helped some guys with that issue.

You might want to do a quick search under the forced induction section because I know this topic came up a few times.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Do you have an HD tensioner? I don't know if power dyne makes one. But magnuson does. That's the only part I'm lacking when I install my MP112. And that's what it's for is to help prevent belt slip. Maybe look into that.

I used to own a blown power dyne which I sold, my main reason for not putting it on was belt slip problems the previous owner was having. I read a thread a long time back where silverado guys were fabbing up additional tensioners.

Did you pin your crank?

Pinning Is something else that was recommended as well. Like said above look into the hd tensioner.

• 3 weeks later...

Gates makes and HD version of they're belts, and they're green. Just look it by the length. I just bought some regular gates belts because I'll be running shorter then stock length and they didn't have them in my size. A couple buddies have ran gatorbacks on roots type blown cars and they don't like them. One recently bought the gates HD green and loves it, no complaints to date.