03 Silverado SS Stalling -__-

SScammacSS

hey guys, over the past few months that ive been driving my truck it has randomly stalled out, the truck runs mint one day and then the next it will stall out of nowhere, sometimes after it stalls it will start right up but other times ive had to get my truck towed and I brought it to the dealership an handed them a crisp $500 for not even figuring out the problem if anyone has an idea of what the problem is please help thanks.

only work ive had done under the hood lately was a water pump and put in a new computer.

*Also check engine light is on* Went to Autozone and they said its a vacuum leak, but when I brought it to the dealership they did the smoke test and couldn't find anything

Edited by SScammacSS (see edit history)

Do you know what the code was?

Stalling and not re starting could be a few things.

One is a faulty crank or cam sensor.

The second one could be as simple as a loose ground wire. I had this happen with mine. It was the ground strap on the cylinder head. Sometimes it made enough contact to start and then the truck would die as I was driving. Then it would start again after either minutes or hours.

Do you have any power to anything when it stalls? or is everything not working. If this is the case, check for loose grounds. If you still have power to the radio, door chimes, lights, but it only cranks and cranks, it could be one of the two sensors.

I would also check over all the connections to the battery and starter.

its happend before i installed it as well

Most likely if it's throwing a vacuum leak code there is a prob. Like said above could be lots of things. Could be a crank pos sensor. Could be fuel pump. When it stalls is while at idle?

I'm with Blown check your batt connections. Put a new batt in this spring and some how the neg came loose and motor started acting funny here and there and then was out of town and it wouldn't start. Then wouldn't turn over but have power ding and gauges would power up but would just click when try to start....put batt pack on it and still no power to turn over so looked into the connections and neg was little loose.