Fuel rail/injector issue

ok so over the past month ive noticed these brown stains along side of my fast 102 and a noticeable smell of fuel in the cab only at WOT. at first i thought the spacers for my injectors that i made were to tall so i went and shortened them. the passenger side seemed to stop but the driver side is still the same. i was thinking maybe an O ring but i dont think all 4 O rings on the same side of the fuel rail would all be bad at the same time. now maybe the spacers are to short? idk i dont want to keep pulling the fuel rail apart for guess work. the injectors are the tall #60 siemens deka ones that require spacers and they are in FAST fuel rails. any advice or help would be appreciated and very helpful

ive uploaded some pics the stains are much more pronounced and visible in person.

20140416_182848_zps650d048a.jpg

20140416_182839_zps84626eef.jpg

Did you use some vaseline or anything to lube the O rings when pushing the rail down to seat the injectors? If not you can do a number of things to the O rings. They can twist and not seat fully, split or crack, or only seat part way. Do you have the locks on the injectors that hold them into the rail? It sounds like its a just a seating issue with the injectors.

yea i put vaseline on the top O rings when i sat them in the rail. the issue is coming from the bottom where they seat in the. yes i agree its definitely a seating issue i dont believe all 4 O rings could be damaged. my real question at this point is whether they are to tight or to lose. im leaning towards the spacer is to short and they are over tightened down. i guess its time to go play with it again lol. thanks for the help

Everytime I have removed the fuel injectors or put a new rail on, It always took a decent amount of force to seat the bottom O rings in the intake, and a small amount of wiggling to get them to seat. Check to see where the spacers are and if they are touching anything. if they arent, I would turn the key and cycle the fuel pump and check for leaks.

they dont leak when you prime it ive checked numerous times. they dont leak while driving either. they just somehow mist or spray fuel out of the bottom at WOT. i havent changed the O rings since i had them. they were on my magnacharger for a good 20k and never had an issue.

i havent noticed it being hard to seat them in the intake they just seem to sit in there. the spacers dont hit anything there just a few stacked up washers under the bracket for the FAST rail. you can actually see one in the second pic. i guess at this point im just gonna take them out and inspect them thoroughly and re-install.

When you inspect them, roll them around in your fingers to try and expose any cracking you might not see normally.

If its spraying under a load, My guess would be either they arent seated all the way down.

yes i agree. its either that or the spacers are to short and i feel they are over tightening the injectors. i hope i only have to do this once more time its annoying lol

what brackets are you using to bolt them to the intake? are they home made? if so that probably your problem . i had same issue but they would spray when i primed mine . you need to get the angle of your brackets perfect. i have some brackets i made that i would be willing to give you if you want for the tall car style injectors.

My buddy got a this fuel rail last year and had the same issue. It was due to him getting the wrong spacers. Might be something to look into.

yea i made mine myself which could be the issue. i used the old ones i had on my magnacharger as a base to make the new ones. i believe that they could be to short as i stated above. im going to tinker with them and see what happens. thanks for the info now i really think thats the issue

My buddy got a this fuel rail last year and had the same issue. It was due to him getting the wrong spacers. Might be something to look into.

By any chance do you know if the ones giving him issue were to tall or to short?