The only truck I'd buy

mtsaxman

I hate trucks.

Let me rephrase that.

I hate needing a truck...and I hate trucks.

But you know what, the things sure are handy aren't they. Like when you buy a house and need to move a whole heap of junk. Or when you have a minor addiction to buying cars that aren't always, shall we say, road worthy. Or when you go to the store and there is a 60" samsung tv on the sickest clearance you have ever seen and you stuff it into the back of a small hatchback and look like a fool with the driver's seat all the way forward and leaned towards the steering wheel in such a fashion that you can only bend your ankle to control the gas pedal and have to rotate your entire body when you turn.....

So I broke down and bought a truck. But of course, since I am posting here, i bought an SS.

Why? Because if I have to go against everything my gas mileage loving parents have ever taught me, I'm going to do it right. And by right, I mean wrong? Right?

In all reality I like the usefulness of a truck, and after recently buying a house I decided I am not going to be "that friend" who is always bugging everyone whenever something needs to be moved. A buddy of mine that I worked with a few years back had an 03 SS and I fell in love with it. His SS was what made me decide that when the day came that I would have to get a truck I would be buying into the Silverado family.

So, pics I guess?

when i picked it up (actually it also had window visors on it and a bug deflector)

w7dhQV6.jpg

As of today, still dirty

evXekgq.jpg

04 Arrival Blue, not too many plans for it, maybe I/H/E tune and a drop. Also new bowtie and painting the brake ducts. But that's all....i swear......

Edited by mtsaxman (see edit history)

Gorgeous truck! I don't know how else to say it but, some way, some how all of the gas you burn is worth it! Congrats, you won't regret it.

There's a thread on here about someone snapping axle shafts with a 3/4 drop. Made me reconsider for sure. Nice score by the way.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/85248-anybody-lowered-34-and-have-broken-cv-axle-issues/

To the OP, here is the thread Sanders is talking about. Don't let lowering scare you. There are lots of guys on here lower than 3-4" with no issues. When your ready talk to NorCalSS who runs TBSSowners.com and order your parts there. He's got good prices, and great customer service.

Edited by powell (see edit history)

thanks for the warm welcome.

and gas guzzler for sure. I picked it up about 350 miles from home. apart from the cost of gas over doubling to get it home :/ I snapped a wheel hub 80 miles from my house and had to get it towed the rest of the way 0_0 I guess that's what insurance is for though, right :)

but I do like the truck. it still needs a few small things, but once all the maintenance is out of the way I'll probably start dumping money into this vehicle also.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...