Air Ride

Bigtoyz97

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you bag that for less than $2,700 ill sell my drop kit and also purchase that same kit! Im still having concerns, but GL I hope you pull it off!

What are your concerns?

And there is a notch kit in this so that you can really drop the back half. Front Inner fender might have to be modded also I'm thinking.To get the most drop out of the front you replace a couple parts in the front to get the most out of it (shown above). And a shock mount relocation and shocks for the front........Needed it to do so that I can lower it enough to be able to get into it. I need the seat to drop about 8 inches min. But heard most of the drop comes from the back.

The back is the easy part. you can almost bag any truck in the rear rather is 4WD/AWD or not. its the front that gets tricky. unless you are removing the torson bar and key. but you still have a front CV axle. you can just add the bag to the upper a arm which im sure is how they will be doing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well we went to start the project this past Wed. and they did not send us the correct 4 link so I have to send that back and get the parallel 4 link. With the triangle 4 link you have to relocate the fuel tank and that isn't possible. You would have to goto a fuel cell and put it in the spare tire area and for me that isn't going to work.

But I did some digging and with the kit that I will put in, it should almost put it on the ground. And should be getting rid of the torsion bar also which I was concerned about.

So when I get the 4 link I should have we will get started and will post some pictures for you all. I do have some of the kit and soon as I can find my phone data cable I will post them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry guys been busy but I have pictures of the whole kit now. Just been to busy to drop truck off to get kit put in. But Next week hopefully I can go without it for a few days so once I get the phone hooked up to the computer I'll put some pics up for you all. If anyone does a air ride kit....DO the parallel kit and not a triangled kit.....have to do tank relocation and just not possible with these trucks and they don't tell you that.

Its 200 bucks more but you will save in shipping once you figure it out. But the whole kit is well built.....heavy I mean heavy pieces and brackets! Cant wait for it to get in!

• 2 months later...

Ok FINALLY it's getting put in but I'm not able to get up there to take pictures. So I'll take some detailed ones when I get it home.

I lost my torque converter or tranny pump in my car so I'm stuck at home. But my folks might give me a ride up in the morning to check on it.

Once we figured out they made a mistake and sent me two kits. One for awd like I needed and one without front wheel drive and extra bags. And the rear 4 link holy Chet is that heavy duty stuff it has to be 2 3/4-3 inch dia tubing and 1/4 wall.

Should be finished this week.