Fuel rail mod for TBSS intake

Does anyone know Somewhere that I can send my spare fuel rail crossover to have -AN fittings welded on for the TBSS intake? I don't really trust many general welding shops around unless they have done something like this before. The crossover isn't perfectly round and I'll be pissed if it leaks when put together. I know some of you have done this mod and they look great.

Also, should I steal the 87mm TB off my TBSS and put the LS3 gold on the TBSS or use the 90mm gold with the x-link (4.0) on the SSS?

No one, really? Well I guess I'll talk to some in-town speed shops. There's some really reputable shops locally but I just like dealing with LSX people. Golen is in my town so I'll start with him.

My crossover was modified to fit the oem return style rails / tbss intake manifold by a local radiator, a/c auto/truck repair shop. I can't remember if they soldered or welded the fittings.

Not sure about the aftermarket rails. If I go to a 07+ returnless fuel rail, I'll have to get a tune. The vette regulator/filter needed to go returnless is set to a different fuel pressure. It's easy enough to just use the modified stock rail, as long as I can find someone weld on the fittings.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to trim my mounting tabs a little and for the crossover I installed the tube onto one side and cut it right after the bend on the passenger side. I had the crossover tube from the new intake so I cut a section from it and had a buddy that welds for a living weld it in. So far no leaks or issues.

• 1 month later...

Well I finally have my fuel line being modified. Tonight I was just trying to make sure I have everything I need for the swap and just getting a plan together. I decided to unplug the stock throttle body (78mm) and plug in the 90mm LS3 Throttle body that I got off eBay using the v4 X-link just to be sure everything works. But of course it didn't, setting codes P0120, P0220, and P1516 at key on. I obviously didn't start the engine because I had the 90mm just resting in the radiator support. I tried several times and also tried to use the throttle with the ignition on but got no throttle plate movement and reduced engine power on IPC. Anyone seen this before?

Did the connectors click as you hooked them up? And this is the latest x link?

If all is connected you should get full blade movement with the ignition on/engine off, wait till you get the whole thing put together and start it up to see if you get any throttle response. Its has to be something from x link to harness, double check the harness/wires.

I only unplugged my stock TB which is still on the truck, plugged in the x-link, then plugged in the LS3 TB. As soon as I turn key to "on," I get reduced engine power and the three codes. Tried to unplug and plug back in several times with same result. All connections are tight and it's the latest x-link V4. Everything goes back to normal once I remove the x-link and plug my stock TB back in.

My truck was one of the odd, extra fussy kind like yours. I had trouble with the 3.0 version...Grant @ Torque Rush Performance sent me a tweaked 4.5 version X-Link design.