ABS Diagnostics

harriss

I OBD2 scanner that can read ABS codes, I have never seen cheap. I have always found when you go to your local dealership, and speak to a service writer, and ask if they can read the codes and you pay for there lunch, they will become your best friend. I do this and have stuff fixed for free and also have my truck looked at the same day instead of waiting for a appt.

If the abs engages at slow speeds (pedal pulses at 15mph and below) then you need new hubs, plain and simple. I delt eith it on my 00 Sierra. I tried to just clean the wheel speed sensors which worked for a month.. But the pulsing came back. And its an awful feeling to never know when it will pulse & you can't stop.

Replace with Timken hubs from RockAuto. Com for the best quality/cheapest price and you won't be sorry

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Timken hubs suck. Moog is equivalent to OEM GM hubs. If you take a Timken hub and a Moog hub and have them side by side, you will not only see the difference in quality but also feel the difference when you move the bearing. Moog cost more but its worth only doing the job once. The Moog hubs can be bought at Advance Auto Parts in store on online.

The hubs themselves may be fine. OP Once you figure if the ABS sensor is to blame I have two of them that are practically brand new and work perfectly fine. They were pulled off my old SSS that was totaled. I just replaced both front wheel bearings before the accident, they had about 250 miles on each sensor. I will have no issue selling you one or both if you need them. New they sell for $110 each. Mine have everything for plug and play and will take literally 5 minutes to replace. $50 each shipped

I can also send pics of both if you would like to see them and if that is truly your issue. PM me and Ill send pics to you.

I have personally seen the Timkens fail. When I had my hub bearing going on me, my buddy who works at Chevy told me to only use Moog or GM hubs, after I mentioned theTimkens. He sees it everyday, so I took his advice and havent had a issue for over 8 years,

I have personally seen the Timkens fail. When I had my hub bearing going on me, my buddy who works at Chevy told me to only use Moog or GM hubs, after I mentioned theTimkens. He sees it everyday, so I took his advice and havent had a issue for over 8 years,

Agreed Moog is better quality and fitment. and will last WAY longer than a Timkens especially if its your daily.

I've never seen anybody say Timken sucks. They're always the top recommended along with moog

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

i got timken wheel hubs and i never had a problem with them I don't think they suck and I put a beating on them but the oem ones are the best but cost almost double what I payed for the timken

• 3 months later...