Heartland Park Topeka Baseline

rcapone

In a few days I'll be going to Heartland Park Topeka to get a baseline on my truck. I'm pretty pumped since this will be my very first 1/4 mile run at a drag strip...guess I'm a late bloomer!

Anyone want to take a guess of what I'll run? Right now I have Volant CAI, Dynatech LT, Corsa Sport, NGK plugs, 160 stat, 4L80e, Circle D 3300 stall multi disk and Zippy tune.

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 14.8 this summer with my tune shifting out of 2nd early now its perfect and should be better and that's with a 4l65 level 5 FLT yank 3200 converter arh 1 7/8 LT and a tune plus me leaving late next time ill be stepping on the gas just before green instead of waiting for green ha ha I know rookie mistake never been to a drag strip before just stop lights & back roads whatever it was fun and I learned a few things

Believe it's NHRA rules 13.99 or faster you need a snell 90 helmet. So tracks are more strict then others on that. I've usually gotten away at my local track, making passes at the 13 and 12 second range without a helmet the times I would forget it, faster then that I'd make sure not bring it.

The gearing on an 80E is different so would be interesting to see how the times compare from a light bolt on truck with 80e vs 60e. I know D/A would have to be the same when used to comparison but still be good.

But I don't see why a low 14 second pass running a 60e couldn't happen.

Let us know what the DA the day of.

Believe it's NHRA rules 13.99 or faster you need a snell 90 helmet. So tracks are more strict then others on that. I've usually gotten away at my local track, making passes at the 13 and 12 second range without a helmet the times I would forget it, faster then that I'd make sure not bring it.

The gearing on an 80E is different so would be interesting to see how the times compare from a light bolt on truck with 80e vs 60e. I know D/A would have to be the same when used to comparison but still be good.

But I don't see why a low 14 second pass running a 60e couldn't happen.

Let us know what the DA the day of.

Yeah, too bad the track wasn't open before I made my trans. & converter swap. It would have been interesting to see the difference between the two.

Anyway, since there's no 4 wheel dyno that will accommodate the wheel base of my truck where I live, the track is my best option to compare different mods I think. I'll be doing another run once the blower goes on, then another when the cam and motor work has been completed. Should be fun to see the improvements!

This Saturday is supposed to be a high of 60 so I'm hoping to get there in the morning when it's a little cooler and I'll post up the conditions.

Just got home from the Track and had a great time! I made about 10 passes and they were all very consistent - much better than my prediction of 15.5!

I raced a hot babe in a Ford Lighting and had her for more than half way down the track, then she sucked me up right at the end. I made a note of that race on my stub. Also raced a 5.0 which obviously beat me by a few lengths, but I thought it was very respectable for such a heavy ass truck.

I have several vids which I'll post up later - bros :jester:

Temp. was 48 degs. too

post-16941-0-91812300-1396120039_thumb.jpg

post-16941-0-54286300-1396120059_thumb.jpg

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Thank you Gentlemen...it was fun. Here's a vid I took with my phone - it was my very first race of the day. Unfortunately when I came back around for my second run, the Race Master Busted me.

You can see in the pic of my truck I have a really sweet HD cam mounted to my rear window that takes a front and back vid simultaneously and records on a mini SD. Unfortunately I just now found out that it wasn't set up right and I only got a short vid of me starting my truck when I was ready to go home...pissed me off