MID12sSSS TVS2300 370 build

MID12sSSS

Going to be killer

Yeah! Cant wait! Been watching lots of cog drive clips..The blower whine is going to be obnoxious! Lol. And that cam should be very aggressive. I told Allen and Brian at BTR that this would be a weekend street/strip truck. It will no longer be a DD. So dont hold back on the cam!

Lol! You always have to out do me! Going to be a fun summer! Looks good!

Its going to be interesting!! Both almost identical builds.. Only one supercharged, one turbocharged.. Even the power goals are the same. Cant wait to see what happens! Its going to be a blast!

Yeah the tint sets it off right, 20%?

Why are you using the ls3 brackets alternator/P.S.? Is it needed for the tvs when running the ls3 ports? Curious because I have all the brackets, and alternator,p.s. a/c pump from my l92 and if I keep my truck long enough I'll swap the engine out.

Yeah the tint sets it off right, 20%?

Why are you using the ls3 brackets alternator/P.S.? Is it needed for the tvs when running the ls3 ports? Curious because I have all the brackets, and alternator,p.s. a/c pump from my l92 and if I keep my truck long enough I'll swap the engine out.

When it was tinted, 20% was too light and 15% was too dark. I just wanted a factory match to the rears. It ended up being like 17%. But its a perfect match. Looks great IMO.

In order to drive the new supercharger, i had to either convert to an Gen V camaro LS3 accessory drive, or go with LeftCoast32s hybrid drive. Ive seen Joe's hybrid drive prove over 1200hp, so i went that route with a full 8rib. I keep the truck water pump, get a new outlet, different spacer for the tensioner, new bracket for the blower idler, LS3 Alt and PS.. Heres a pic to give you an idea... The belt length is only 104". Very tight belt wrap. And with a comparitely huge 3.5" pulley up front, ill virtually have no belt slip whatsoever. The crank and cogs are overdriven, spinning the blower to 15psi, but still running a pretty good sized supercharger pulley to prevent slip. Unlike direct drive blowers, you have to pulley down to a 2.75" pulley to get big boost. And at that size, belt slip is immenent. The accessory change is only needed when running a jackshaft. If you buy a direct drive truck style 2300, it will practically be plug and play.

photo2_zpsafc086e5.jpg

photo1_zpsb061038c.jpg

On top of the bracket changes, the alternator plug needs to be changed/extended, custom powersteering lines need to be built... Lol. Its quite a bit of work.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Should be called RB Build! Looks great bro. So what's up with moving down here?? Back burner for now?

The plan was to come work for John. Haven't heard much about the new shop or anything. So yeah. For now, the money is too good for how much little work I have to do. Lol! I'll probably kick it in Alaska for awhile longer. I'd love to come visit though! Would be a blast to have a Florida SSS meet. But it'd cost a fortune to get my truck down there. Haha.

Great to see a thread on this finally! Your truck is going to be just crazy, can't wait to see it come together and run at the track this summer.

Hahaha yeah. Can't wait to give "Mr. 400 shot" a run for his money.

Anxious to see how it's gonna run. I have no idea what to expect.

Should be called RB Build! Looks great bro. So what's up with moving down here?? Back burner for now?

Yup! One of my first thoughts was "Somebody gonna spend some MONEY!" :jester:

More power to ya bud. Wish I had it to spend. Gonna be a thread to keep an eye on.

:pop: On board for updates.

The plan was to come work for John. Haven't heard much about the new shop or anything. So yeah. For now, the money is too good for how much little work I have to do. Lol! I'll probably kick it in Alaska for awhile longer. I'd love to come visit though! Would be a blast to have a Florida SSS meet. But it'd cost a fortune to get my truck down there. Haha.

looking for a new shop for him right now :thumbsup:

looking for a new shop for him right now :thumbsup:

Awesome! Keep me posted!

Who's Mr.400 shot ?

His name is josh. He lives in anchorage with Matt and was talking a big game. His truck is an absolute beast, but I think he's underestimating the ol 370. He has a 408 and a jakes level 5 4L80. Trans brake, the works. He plans on a 400 shot of spray out of the hole. Gonna be a hard truck to beat. But after talking to him... He's the most self conceded guy I've ever spoke with. Lol. So I made it my quest to put his foot in his mouth. He told me not to even bother building my truck cuz ill beer be as fast as he is. That the 370 has no potential and I'm wasting my time. LOL! I told him he obviously has no clue how boost works. Wait until I cram 20psi down its throat and run high 10s! So we've got a grudge match going. I assume he'll be at the Kool cruise, so I'm gonna try my hardest to make it. I picked up a Hero +3 Black edition with a suction cup mount. Plan on getting lots of badass videos for you guys! :thumbs:

Yup! One of my first thoughts was "Somebody gonna spend some MONEY!" :jester:

More power to ya bud. Wish I had it to spend. Gonna be a thread to keep an eye on.

:pop: On board for updates.

Lol. What's another $15K? Haha. I was adding things up the other day and it really put things into perspective... After this is complete, I'll have close to $45K wrapped up in my truck. But you got to pay to play I guess. My savings account is non existent, but there'll be plenty of time later to save for my retirement. Lol. But for now, I'm 22 with very little bills and a passion for my truck. Kinda obsessed really...

Way I look at it, you can't go to any dealer and buy an 800hp truck for $45K. It just ain't gonna happen. $45K can barely buy you a new F150... Not that I would want one.. Having a full size truck that can beat a brand new Shelby in a 1/4mi sprint.. $45K sounds pretty reasonable if you ask me... Working at a ford dealer I get a ton of shit for my truck. Everyone points and laughs cuz I'm in the shop every weekend pouring time and money into my truck. It's been a constant struggle for 3 years to get this truck where I want it. People heckle me all the time cuz its a chevy. But I'll show them.. There's a guy at Seekins (where I work) that has a supercharged raptor. Just put the blower on this weekend. And everyone at the shop thinks his truck is gonna waste mine.. LOL. I just laugh and say yeah. Maybe. It's not worth my time explaining to them that his truck will be lucky to run a 13.5... And that they have absolutely no idea what my truck is capable of...

Another guy, Ron, asked me "goddamn man. How much time and money are you gonna put into that truck?!" I told him about 45 grand all said and done. And he shook his head in shock/disappointment.. I was like wait a minute. Says the guy who has a $60,000 Laguna seca that sits in his garage with 15miles on it!!! He's one to talk!!! That's okay. Wait until I see him at an intersection this summer. I'll blow the doors off his little 5.0 mustang with my 6000lb truck. :lol:

Anyway, yeah. It's just a big dick swinging contest over here. And I've got a lot of people with a hard on for ford to show what a chevy can do. Gotta represent :thumbs:

Go get them buddy!!! I can't wait to hear her run!!! Is the cog drive louder than a D1? I have never heard one in real life so I have no clue???

Lol. Well here's a rough idea of what the cogs sound like. This is a 1900, so if anything, the overdriven cogs on a 2300 will be slightly louder. It's loud at idle. Sounds like a jet in this drive by clip. You can continue to search "TVS2300 cog drive" if you wanna see more vids :thumbs: