Aksss turbo 370 rebuild

AKSSS

Well just an update here. I ended up running a tap into these rails. Whatever they used to cut the 3/8npt threads must have been worn out.

So I got my fittings into my rails and I started mounting my injectors into my edelbrock intake and then tried to mount my rails on top. My injectors are too short! I bought the 48mm ls2 injectors and I should have gotten the 60mm ls1 injectors. Dang it! So injector dynamics shipped me a spacer cap for the top of the injectors. That will teach me to assume that a ls2 intake takes a ls2 injector. Lol!

I also got a few motor parts back from the powder coater.

They are just semi-gloss black.

a9y8y7u8.jpg

y4a6azyb.jpg

ave7edam.jpg

Also my scat rods finally shipped out on Friday. I have been waiting for them for 5 weeks. My trick flow heads that BTR had been working over are suppose to ship out on Monday too! Finally getting things moving here.

I am hoping to get Brandon and my fuel buckets assembled this next week also. Then we just have to order the wiring harnesses.

I also got all my rockers disassembled. Brandon got the comp cams trunion upgrade and I got the BTR upgrade. This was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Thanks Brandon for showing us that how-to.

atu3y4ap.jpg

Keep up the good work Justin! :thumbs:

I have yet to go get my parts from the powder coating troll :troll: Hopefully they turned out alright. I want him to clear coat all my polished parts as well. Good to see you're making progress! We'll get those fuel systems done ASAP. I haven't seen much progress in my build lately and it's making me cranky. Lol. So much has been going on with work. But we'll get er dun.

Well just an update here. I ended up running a tap into these rails. Whatever they used to cut the 3/8npt threads must have been worn out. So I got my fittings into my rails and I started mounting my injectors into my edelbrock intake and then tried to mount my rails on top. My injectors are too short! I bought the 48mm ls2 injectors and I should have gotten the 60mm ls1 injectors. Dang it! So injector dynamics shipped me a spacer cap for the top of the injectors. That will teach me to assume that a ls2 intake takes a ls2 injector. Lol!

I had the same issue on my fuel rails. I spent some time researching the injector height. I finally found it on a edelbrock forum. Just to let you know I almost made this same mistake.

I had the same issue on my fuel rails. I spent some time researching the injector height. I finally found it on a edelbrock forum. Just to let you know I almost made this same mistake.

That's what I get for assuming. I just figured that an ls2 intake would take ls2 style injectors. Oh well. At least it only cost me 100 bucks and not 1k!

Just found out today that two of my pistons were out of spec. So I need a new set of pistons. This pretty much changes everything for me.

I am checking in the morning to see if I can swap my new crank for a 408 stroker crank and then I have already talked to scat and they will swap me rods to the aftermarket wrist pin set so I can swap over to a 408. The weird thing is the scat rods to fit stock sized wrist pins are 100 bucks more than the smaller wrist pins.

So now I'm jut trying to figure out which diamond pistons to get. They pistons that I have now except setup for the stroker crank are 100 bucks a piece. Then the coatings they put on them is 50 bucks per piston. Then, diamond is trying to get me to mill out the underside of the piston to lighten it up for another 50 bucks per piston. That's a total of 1600 bucks for the set!! Kind of crazy. I don't think I am going to do the mill job but I might do their double coatings. My last set of diamond pistons lasted through some serious lean runs. Granted now two I them are out of specs and have scorin on the side of them. Lol. But they have 45k miles on them.

Any input?