Aksss turbo 370 rebuild

AKSSS

Thanks. I'm pretty excited about it.

Do you have any pics of yours installed? I'd like to see them. I really wanna clean up my harness and vacuum lines. Cleaning up under the hood is going to be one of my priorities.

PM me your cell and I will text you any pics you want.....

I love my pro flo with the edelbrock fuel rails. I think it's a nice clean look. Good luck on the build.

I wish I was doing a twin setup like yours! How is yours running?

It's going pretty good I think. Ive made 4 passes on the truck so far the best being 11.6 @118. I'm having some issues with launching the truck. Best 60' has been 1.830. My fist pass was 15.02@ 106mph lol. I ll be looking to really crank it up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's going pretty good I think. Ive made 4 passes on the truck so far the best being 11.6 @118. I'm having some issues with launching the truck. Best 60' has been 1.830.

11.6 is no joke though! Sounds like you are easing into it.

build is looking good. i just got a holley too and was excited to see that you can use longer style car injectors on it to with out any modification .

I didn't know the holleys had the adjustable rail mounts too? I was surprised when I got my edelbrock that it was this way. Bad part is my fast rails won't fit the edelbrock. That sucks. After receiving the new edelbrock rails, the fast rails are WAY bigger inside than the edelbrock rails. But I'm sure they will be fine.

I got some more parts in today. Kinda surprised the mail carrier delivered today.

bezenyga.jpg

haqydy2u.jpg

My main studs, hi volume oil pump, new timing set, lifter trays and my trunion upgrade kit.

Now I am just waiting for the machine shop to get my bores checked to make sure I can run my old diamond pistons and my scat rods are still being built.

I was going to stick with the stock crank, but after all this work, I'm a little hesitant to not swap over to a forged crank now. I don't want to break a crank and ruin all my new parts. Especially my new heads. I'll decide by Monday if I am going to order a crank.

Edit-fixed pics

Edited by Aksss (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Another summit box. Couple more fittings I had forgotten and a few I needed for some changes I decided on and a few tools and stuff.

a2y7ypad.jpg

7yteda8a.jpg

yje8atu2.jpg

This is the bulkhead fitting for the top of the fuel bucket that the two pumps will feed into. I didn't realize how heavy it was.

rudu9y9y.jpg

Now just waiting on other parts again. I decided to get a forged crank anyways. Even though everyone told me not too for these power levels. It would kill me if something happened because of the crank and destroyed this build.

So I got a forged eagle stoke stroke crank. I am still waitin on my rods to come from scat. They build them on request I guess. But they won't direct drop ship them to Alaska so I had to wait for them to go to summit then to me. Sucks!

On a good note, Brandon got our 4 walbro 400's on the way finally. So by the end of the week we will have our fuel buckets done minus wiring.

What's the red handled cutters for? Braided hose???? If so, how well do they work?

Yes. They cut steel braided line very cleanly. And there is no residue to clean out of the hose. The only thing is it distorts the line a little bit and you just straighten it out with a small pinch from a pair of pliers.

I will take a short video for you hopefully tomorrow as I start putting a few lines together.

I'm sure there is much better ways or people that are better at it than me. I have put a couple sets of hose together now and that's just how I have assembled them. I already have a nice set of An wrenches and some aluminum vise jaws and I had an aluminum crescent wrench that I loaned to someone and they never returned it and I can't remember who has it. Lol.

Well. I was going to start assembling the hoses on my fuel rails, but the 3/8npt to 8an fittings would not screw into my fuel rails. So I got some other brass 3/8's fittings and they won't thread into the rails either. So tomorrow I am going to try running a tap down through the rails. That should fix it. Because the aluminum fittings I have screwed into a brass female 3/8npt just fine. So the tap they used on the rail must have been old or just a rough cut.