Aksss turbo 370 rebuild

AKSSS

I would really expect to see your truck in the low 10's if not high 9 if you can get it to hook off the line. That has been my biggest battle.

I have decided screw it. Going to go with some 17" race stars and some M&H dr's. I am taking off my Baer brakes to do it since they won't clear anything smaller than 18", but the traction is worth it.

Also I am throwing the front coilovers on over the winter. That will help also.

keep me posted on the parts you use with the coil over swap i may look into that as well . ive been tossing around the idea of buying some stock 16" rims and putting some MT ET'S on them just wondering if they will be worth it at the size you can only fit on stocker rims.

• 3 weeks later...

keep me posted on the parts you use with the coil over swap i may look into that as well . ive been tossing around the idea of buying some stock 16" rims and putting some MT ET'S on them just wondering if they will be worth it at the size you can only fit on stocker rims.

I missed this. I don't get on here near enough any more.

I guess I will find out next spring. Just dropping my 22's off will drop a considerable amount of rotating mass. Between getting drag radials on all 4 tires and dropping the big wheels I am expecting is good for close to 3/10's if not more.

I will let you know on the front end kit. I am not even going to touch the truck until after the first of the year. I have to pull the motor back out. It is making some metal in the oil. I am guessing mains. I talked to the machine shop about it and they had no idea. After I looked through the machine shop bill I didn't see anything about line honing the mains after installing the arp studs. Nope, they didn't do it. I asked them. So I am expecting to see some worn mains. I am hoping it didn't get my crank.

• 3 months later...

There isn't much to update. I have the motor out to check it out and make sure it did ok after leaning on it.

Everything looked pretty good except for my trunnion bearings. So I am upgrading my rockers and reassembling the motor.

Still haven't gotten the front coilovers on either. I have been working on little bugs or cleaning things up here and there. I am currently changing all my vacuum lines over to synflex line instead of the fugly rubber lines that go everywhere.

Other than that. The truck is the same. Just a weak ass high 10 sec truck. Lol!